Hey i have a Unlocked Blackberry storm (9530) from Verizon, and when its off and is turned on it loads and displays a Verizon Wireless screeen. I was wondering if there is anyway for me to REPLACE that image with one of a AT&T one that i can make in photo shop? Just a little pet peve that i want to get fixed haha anyways please help me out~!
    01-11-09 07:26 PM
    if your talking about the main image thats just the wallpaper. hit the menu key on the home screen to bring up all the icons, then again when all the icons are up. go to options and change wallpaper
    01-11-09 07:38 PM
    I think he is talking about the VZW logo that appears when you turn the device off and on. I would think that is a branding code w/in the OS that cant be changed. Background themes can be changed easily with the steps stated above.
    01-11-09 08:10 PM
    I think he is talking about the VZW logo that appears when you turn the device off and on. I would think that is a branding code w/in the OS that cant be changed. Background themes can be changed easily with the steps stated above.
    Thats exactly what im talking about, the logo screen that appears when you turn on and off your phone. i want to change it to a custom AT&T one to look more legit. Anyone know how to do it?
    01-11-09 08:37 PM
    You would have to flash it with that mfi loader program that is used to unlock BB's
    01-11-09 09:10 PM
    You would have to flash it with that mfi loader program that is used to unlock BB's
    waoh, just to change the loading flash screen? Are you sure i cant just go somewhere into the files and replace the image?
    01-11-09 09:17 PM
    If simple flashing is too daunting for you, then you should not attempt it. It was not difficult to do on my 9530, it was the same process as altering the boot image on my htc pdas. The only thing unique to flashing is that it involves changing a file in the flash rom as opposed to swapping a file in ram storage. What some people might have a problem with is correctly rebuilding the complete rom with the altered file.

Flashing your Storm with a corrupted rom will brick it or cause a lot of problems with crashing, etc. Customizing roms takes practice (trial & error), which means treating your Storm like a test project & going through the paces to recover it after bricking it the first few times. That's what happened when i taught myself to do it, after hours of frustration & thinking i had permanently bricked my pdas in the past.

i do not recommend trying this to people not familiar with flashing roms. If you are serious about doing it, you may find someone willing to spend the time & frustration to teaching you the entire process, followed by helping you repair the damage.
    Last edited by 13paperstreet; 01-27-09 at 04:58 PM. Reason: grammatical errors
    01-27-09 04:56 PM
    If simple flashing is too daunting for you, then you should not attempt it. It was not difficult to do on my 9530, it was the same process as altering the boot image on my htc pdas. The only thing unique to flashing is that it involves changing a file in the flash rom as opposed to swapping a file in ram storage. What some people might have a problem with is correctly rebuilding the complete rom with the altered file.

Flashing your Storm with a corrupted rom will brick it or cause a lot of problems with crashing, etc. Customizing roms takes practice (trial & error), which means treating your Storm like a test project & going through the paces to recover it after bricking it the first few times. That's what happened when i taught myself to do it, after hours of frustration & thinking i had permanently bricked my pdas in the past.

i do not recommend trying this to people not familiar with flashing roms. If you are serious about doing it, you may find someone willing to spend the time & frustration to teaching you the entire process, followed by helping you repair the damage.

Hey if you do it before? Can you explain the procedure and applications or hardware we need. Thanks in advance.
    05-17-10 08:37 PM
    Hey if you do it before? Can you explain the procedure and applications or hardware we need. Thanks in advance.
    I don't believe that is an allowed discussion here.
    05-17-10 09:02 PM
    I don't believe that is an allowed discussion here.
    Says who? This site is for people who want to get the most out of their device, its not run by any carrier or RIM.
    05-17-10 11:38 PM
    You can tell them what is needed and processes on this site. The only thing I do not think you can do is link or tell people where to get the mfi program

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD