Does anyone out there have an Unlocked Storm on Tmobile? Any troubles because of tmobile? Also where did you buy your unlocked storm. Newegg.com has some but I want to make sure it will work with tmobile before I buy it.
    05-26-09 01:54 PM
    mine works fine. i bought it on craigslist used for pretty cheap then paid to unlock it. The only thing was that after rebooting it took anywhere from 10 minutes to 5 hours to get EDGE instead of edge
    05-26-09 02:00 PM
    After each reboot, or your first one? And the sim card fits in the storm?
    05-26-09 02:03 PM
    Using an unlocked 9500 on tmobile. Had no problems whatsoever.

Worked brilliantly right out of the box. Great price. They also offer your choice of 9530 or 9500. Both are unlocked. Tmobile, it doesn't make a difference as you can only use EDGE and 3g isn't supported either way.

Browsing is fantastic. No hardware issues.

Great experience with that website. They have very competitive pricing (very reasonable). Shipping was quick and the entire process was simple.

Clink on the link below and do a search for the storm. You won't be disappointed.

Unlocked GSM Phones, GSM World Phones, Smart Phones, Cell Phone Accessories at MobileCityOnline.com
    05-26-09 02:23 PM
    So EDGE works with the storm? I saw that it wasn't listed as the available Data transfer.
    05-26-09 02:59 PM
    So EDGE works with the storm? I saw that it wasn't listed as the available Data transfer.
    Again, i'm using the 9500 unlocked storm. I bought it unlocked and i've been using EDGE with tmobile ever since. No problems whatsoever.

The only issue is, it is definitely not as fast as 3g (obviously). Also, tmobile has "spotty" coverage. If you're in a major city, you won't have any issues. If you travel around a lot, there will be areas (not many) where it seems to slow down with regards to browsing speed.

I'm not sure how the 9530 unlocked works with tmobile's EDGE network.
    05-26-09 03:04 PM
    Awesome. Thanks so much for the info!
    05-26-09 03:14 PM
    No problem. If you've got any more questions, feel free to post it here and i'll get back to you as soon as i can.
    05-26-09 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD