So a few days ago I bought a Storm and unlocked it. When I put my SIM card in, it worked and I was now on the 'Fido' network. Soon after, I upgraded the default Verizon .148 firmware up to .151, and now my provider is listed as 'Rogers Wireless'. When I make calls, my number is listed as a 204 number, and not my real cell phone number. Also, when a friend didn't pick up his phone, I heard a Verizon message instead of my provider's. When people call my number though, it works fine.

What I'm wondering is, is my phone working on my network, or did the firmware make it think its roaming? I don't want to get billed or anything for trying to make calls.
    08-01-09 04:02 PM
    Well, when dialing a local number, does it say you have to use an area code? (Are you in the U.S?)
    08-01-09 04:35 PM
    Well, when dialing a local number, does it say you have to use an area code? (Are you in the U.S?)
    I'm in Canada, and in my city you have to dial an area code before calling anyone (even local numbers).
    08-01-09 06:40 PM
    I don't think you will get billed for roaming. Mine comes up as Rogers Wireless - Fido as well... Rogers owns Fido.
    08-20-09 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD