Ok I sold my storm on craigslist, the other day, I have prepaid so I never got the service books for the browser, but my mms and texts and phone worked 100 percent no issues nothing. I used it on ATT also and it was a 9530 from verizon. Now the guy is having issues where his mms doesnt work and he is on a iphone plan and cant seem to get the service book for the browser. I did have att net, just not actual internet. Also mms was working on my sim card when I gave it to him but it didnt work on his. I am honest and want to help him fix this. Any help will be appreciated thank you.
    01-12-11 04:36 AM
    He needs to change to a BlackBerry Data Plan.
    01-12-11 06:08 AM
    Like Motorcyle Mama said, you need a data plan with BIS.
    01-12-11 11:52 AM
    ok I understand the need for bis or bes for the service books on the internet, but why wont his mms work is it the apple iphone plan? cause I just have prepaid with unlimited texts and mms and my blackberries all work also he says his curve works with mms on his sim card. I have searched and searched, walked him through many steps, I truly feel its the plan but how do I explain the mms issue.
    01-12-11 02:27 PM
    Same thing happened to me when I loaned my Storm to a friend. Try downloading the Anworms Service Books for all Networks and merge them with the Att Service Books and reload it to the phone and make sure the network settings are entered for cingular/ATT. I know this will allow it to work fine with the unlimited family data plan. He will only get edge speeds and like others have posted, no BIS/BES. I am using a storm with the unlimited family data and it is working great. My edge speeds on the Storm are faster than EDGE or 3G with my Mythic.

I am not sure if it will work with an Iphone data plan though. I thought I have read that ATT routes the data differently on that plan, same as BB Plans. I dont think an Iphone will get data with a BB Plan for the same reason. Feature phone data plans will work, or pay by the mb plans will because they run straight through ATT, not a second server like RIM or Apple.
    01-12-11 02:47 PM
    MMS requires a Service Book on BlackBerry devices.

BlackBerry devices work differently from other devices.

He needs to change his plan.
    01-12-11 05:33 PM
    sorry for such stupid question...but what's a "Service BOok"???
    01-16-11 11:07 PM
    Service Books on a BlackBerry control many of the functions especially data functions.

They are pushed to the device by the carrier once the proper data plan is active with the carrier.

FAQ: Explanation Of Each BlackBerry Service Book Type - BerryReview
    01-17-11 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD