If a storms esn is active on a verizon account, but you put in a sim chip and use the unlock code so it can work on tmobile... if you take the sim out will it reconnect with verizon?
    01-28-09 08:27 PM
    Yes you can. I did a unlock so I can take it on my trip overseas and put in my Brother-in-law's att sim card and it worked fine. It said ATT and made calls using his number and had it register on the other person's caller ID. Took the sim out when I was done and went back to Verizon. Make sure you change the mobile network setting when you do the switch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 03:03 AM
    Yes you can. I did a unlock so I can take it on my trip overseas and put in my Brother-in-law's att sim card and it worked fine. It said ATT and made calls using his number and had it register on the other person's caller ID. Took the sim out when I was done and went back to Verizon. Make sure you change the mobile network setting when you do the switch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How can I change the mobile network settig? I just unlocked and I put a AT&T card and didn't work with my ATT number...kept working with Verizon....very strange because I made calls using the AT&T sim and appears the Verizon number....can you help me please?
    01-29-09 08:28 AM
    I have this setup on my Storm now..I have a second T-mobile number in case I wante dto give a different number to somebody I met...Youcan switch on the fly by going into Manage connections>mobile network options>Network technology>GSM/UMTS...this puts it into the sim card/T-Mobile number...Then to go back to Verizon, just change the Network technology back to 1XEV...viola....switching on the fly...you dont even have to take the SIM card out...
    01-29-09 08:59 AM
    This is actually really nice. I might get a line with AT&T for an extra line.
    01-29-09 09:05 AM
    I have this setup on my Storm now..I have a second T-mobile number in case I wante dto give a different number to somebody I met...Youcan switch on the fly by going into Manage connections>mobile network options>Network technology>GSM/UMTS...this puts it into the sim card/T-Mobile number...Then to go back to Verizon, just change the Network technology back to 1XEV...viola....switching on the fly...you dont even have to take the SIM card out...
    This is cool.....I did and worked perfectly....Thanks.....BTW question.....my contact list will work for both SIMs?
    01-29-09 10:37 AM
    This is cool.....I did and worked perfectly....Thanks.....BTW question.....my contact list will work for both SIMs?
    sorry couldn't answer you sooner...but yes the contact list will be there for either line.
    01-31-09 05:36 AM
    Just so I'm clear on this, saleen...
    You are saying you can switch on the fly? If yes, I guess this means that the Verizon account info and number is not on the Sim card we get with the phone. And am I correct that you have a T-Mobile Sim that you leave in your phone? If so, that's great we can do this. I didn't think we could access Verizon without the Verizon Sim Card in the phone. This may open up some more options for an upcoming trip to Europe....

Thanks, Rich
    01-31-09 07:21 AM
    the vz sime is some crap.. its useless. only needed if u want to use vz service overseas. I have a sim in mine from trinidad (prepaid) and i switch on the fly 25 secs or so and its switched... and when im done hit settings and switch back. no poppin sims.

Caller id on there side shows the sim # but your phone shows you vz number. all contacts are there so no fumbling for numbers
    01-31-09 07:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD