I have a Unlocked Storm with an ATT Pay as you go SIM Card and i cannot get this to work?

It just says, "Insert SIM Card"

Does anyone have this combination working and if so, can you please tell me how you did it.

Thanks in advance,
    02-26-09 07:45 PM
    Couple questions....

Did you just purchase this card, and if so did you activate it in the phone that the card came with?

Is the card inserted properly?

I have this working....What I did was purchase a pay as you go phone...selected my plan and activated sim card while it was in the pay as you go phone. After activation I took out the verizon global card and inserted the newly activated sim card.

After the phone reboots....go into options>>>>mobile network and change Network Technology from global to GSM....that's it!

Hope it works for you!
    02-26-09 07:57 PM
    Couple questions....

Did you just purchase this card, and if so did you activate it in the phone that the card came with?

Is the card inserted properly?

I have this working....What I did was purchase a pay as you go phone...selected my plan and activated sim card while it was in the pay as you go phone. After activation I took out the verizon global card and inserted the newly activated sim card.

After the phone reboots....go into options>>>>mobile network and change Network Technology from global to GSM....that's it!

Hi,

Hope it works for you!

The card has been activated for over 1 year, and i have it working in another BB

I tried what you said and it still says insert sim card, and yes its installed correctly.

I have tried switching networks also, but it still does not work.

Which OS are you using?

Thx
    02-26-09 08:09 PM
    The card has been activated for over 1 year, and i have it working in another BB

I tried what you said and it still says insert sim card, and yes its installed correctly.

I have tried switching networks also, but it still does not work.

Which OS are you using?

Thx

Cut A Piece Of Paper The Size Of The SIM Card And Slide Both "paper & sim" Together And That Should make it work.. . Well for me it did, I've noticed After Taking The SIM Card Out And Back In Does Damages The little Metal Piece That Suppose to Keep the SIM Card Nice An Tight... Or Put Pressure On The Metal Piece To Bend It Back Into Place... If That Works Follow chesterstreet Last Step & thats it
    Last edited by punisher135; 02-26-09 at 08:27 PM.
    02-26-09 08:23 PM
    You might need to dial ##000000 and switch out the number thats in the CDME edit screen with the pay as you go # and then save. Phone should reboot.
    02-26-09 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD