SO I decided to unlock the 5th replacement Storm I now have (Never personally unlocked mine, this is the first one i've done of mine, but unlocked my GF's) it came with .148 on it from VZW. I got the unlock code from VZW global support, typed it in, it accepted the code. Ok....so I put my pre-paid AT&T SIM in it...rebooted the phone, and it says "insert SIM card" at the top. well wtf...it HAS a SIM in IT! it won't even recognize my pre-paid SIM, it WILL recognize the vzw/vod SIM though. I put the AT&T sim in a AT&T phone, and it will work just fine. I can text/call on the little nokia with my SIM in it.

what gives? problem w/ .148? it's the OEM install, I never up graded it, got the code right from vzw, the AT&T SIM works fine in the AT&T phone.

I did notice that a couple times I turned my phone on trying to diag the prob...with the AT&T SIM in my storm, the radio would NOT turn on at all! If I removed the SIM, it would functioned just fine. I never had this problem w/ my GF's storm when I unlocked hers, and did the same procedures to it. hers worked great!
    Last edited by TazXJ; 07-10-09 at 10:27 PM.
    07-10-09 10:24 PM
    UPDATE:

got to work today and swapped in an old Cellular One SIM from a co worker that's still with them, and viola...it worked! I wasn't sure if it was a prob w/ my SIM or my Storm up until that point. I went to AT&T after work, told them I lost my SIM, and needed a new one. They gave me a new one, I got out to my truck, popped the fresh SIM in my Storm....viola again! I now have a functional AT&T SIM with service, and my normal VZW service on my Storm! Vzw doesn't work everywhere that AT&T does that I go, and vice versa (I have full VZW coverage w/ broad band at my 'rents vacation home in the middle of no where WI on a small lake. I can sit on the end of our dock, and troll facebook and myspace on my Storm..........AT&T?....NO SIGNAL!). Now I have the best of both worlds!
    Last edited by TazXJ; 07-11-09 at 06:01 PM.
    07-11-09 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD