I am a big fan of blackberry phones and had a BB curve on the t-mobile network a couple years back and loved it. I used and abused this phone till it died. I soon replaced it with a Nokia touch screen smart phone but am not to happy with it. I was thinking of purchasing an unlocked BB storm and use it on the t-mobile network. However I currently don't have a BB data plan, I am using a simple $10/month data plan that works with the phone I currently have. Will the data functions on the Storm still function with this data plan? I would like to avoid purchasing the full BB data plan as it is $20/month more expensive and could use the extra cash. I am not looking to use the email function and BB messenger, just basic web browsing such as facebook and google.

Will this work?

Thanks!!!
    03-06-11 07:05 PM
    The Blackberry browser and facebook app will not work without a BB data plan. Not sure which storm you're talking about either. If its the Storm2 9550 you can use wifi to browse on browsers such as Bolt and Opera and use Facebook through those browsers as well.

However I'm unsure if it will work through the $10 data that you have
    03-06-11 07:08 PM
    All the Google applications require a BlackBerry Data Plan, as well.
    03-06-11 07:50 PM
    What about basic web browsing? Not the apps themselves but just visiting the websites? Our will the browser not function at all without said BB data plan?
    03-06-11 08:49 PM
    That is correct, it will not run at all without a BB data plan for the Blackberry browser.
    03-06-11 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD