I'm using an unlocked Storm 9530 on Rogers, and in email settings it has "Enable HTML Email" locked to no, and it won't let me change it. Is there a way to enable this?

My 8220 lets me enable and disable this setting.
    07-27-09 06:44 AM
    Battery pull (w/device on)?
    07-27-09 06:52 AM
    Out of curiosity, are you on a BIS (personal) or BES (corporate) plan? If it's BES it could be a policy-related thing. If not, the battery pull above may help things.
    07-27-09 07:03 AM
    I did try a battery pull with it on, and no go.

I'm on BIS.

I'm running OS .148.
    07-27-09 07:19 AM
    I love the old "battery pull" trick. It fixes many glitches.
    07-27-09 07:30 AM
    I'm using an unlocked Storm 9530 on Rogers, and in email settings it has "Enable HTML Email" locked to no, and it won't let me change it. Is there a way to enable this?

try to delete all your service books then battery pull then register now.

to delete your service books: options, advanced options, service book, then press menu while hovering over each service book then delete. (you cannot delete the one that says provisioning) unfortunately there is not delete all so it might take a couple of minutes.

once provisioning is the only one left pull the battery. once your storm is back on options, advanced options, host routing table, menu button, register now. wait 2 minutes then check the html status.
    07-27-09 08:29 AM

Since the Storm likely came from an owner on another network, there's a chance that settings were locked by a BES policy while the previous owner used it on his corporate account.

Here's a reasonably modern thread regarding the removal of an IT policy. A word of caution: it involves completely wiping your device back to factory defaults. It's unlocked status won't be changed, however.
    07-27-09 08:34 AM
    @BooGz:
    Seems if service books related 2 issue, resending wd be sufficient/max deleting email books & resending (all).

@OP: BTW do u have facebook? Some experience setting freezes w/it.
    07-27-09 08:46 AM
    I will try deleting the service books and see if that helps.

The previous owner (brother in law) had it on Telus, but not a BES account.

A facebook app is installed, but I don't use it, I'll also try removing that as well.

Thanks for all the tips!!
    07-27-09 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD