okay so how do i unlock a blackberry storm without having any verizon service?
    12-08-08 02:47 PM
    It is really easy on the storm.. pop it in the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds then let it cool down. Next bring up the keyboard and type unlock for <your provider>

Just kidding. There are many threads about this on here. I have never bothered to read them but you may want to take a look.
    Last edited by Primate; 12-08-08 at 03:01 PM.
    12-08-08 02:58 PM
    Use a key but only turn it to the left otherwise it will crash
    12-08-08 03:04 PM
    hi,

can anyone help with this question? i also have thesame problm. i bought a storm from someone on ebay . verizon gave him a code but its says "code error, please wait""they wont even talk to me beacause im not their customer. how can i get it unlocked? counting on you geniuses out there
    12-08-08 06:08 PM
    There was a post a few days ago about obtaining the unlocking program floating around the interwebs. I can't remember the exact title of the thread, but you should be able to search on it.

It's a rather detailed (and probably illegitimate) process, but you can unlock the phone yourself.
    12-08-08 06:20 PM
    My BlackBerry just unlock. It work on ATT and Tmobile. All you need if change the setting to GSM. Call the verizon global service 800-711-8300
    12-11-08 11:59 AM
    From what I understand, you must have Verizon service to do the unlocking. Setup an account with Verizon, call Global support to unlock, then cancel the account within the 1st 30 days. That's the trial period. Or find someone who has a verizon account already, and temporarily swap phones on that account, call global support to unlock, then switch back phones.
    Last edited by corpnetsolutions; 12-11-08 at 12:06 PM.
    12-11-08 12:04 PM
    I was in the same pickle as you, verizon just wouldn't agree to give me the code.

A couple cellphone shops referred me to

www . cellphoneunlockingonline . com

They gave me the code, it costed like 47dollars though, but it's well worth it.

I'm going to order another unlock code from them for my sisters storm,

Hopefully they'll give me a discount!
    12-20-08 04:07 PM
    From what I understand, you must have Verizon service to do the unlocking. Setup an account with Verizon, call Global support to unlock, then cancel the account within the 1st 30 days. That's the trial period. Or find someone who has a verizon account already, and temporarily swap phones on that account, call global support to unlock, then switch back phones.
    You have to be a customer for 60 days before they will give you the unlock code. If you don't have someone who meets that criteria and proper pay history you are going to have a hard time obtaining the unlock code.

And if you activate a CPE on a new line you no longer have to sign a contract, you can do month to month.
    12-20-08 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD