When i purchased my Storm on the day that it came out. I asked the Sales Rep at VZ about transfering different type of files via bluetooth, and he kinda hinted around that certain functions were locked to encourage the purchase of ring tones. I am currently trying to send filed from my PC to my phone via bluetooth but it keeps telling me service not supported, but when i send from my phone to my computer no problem. The files i am trying to send are XLS, and PDF's and JPG's. Could this be caused by some of the bluetooth functions on the phone turned off?
    12-03-08 10:07 AM
    go to media, menu receive via bluetooth . . . .then send from computer . . OBEX is not enabled so this is your best option
    12-03-08 10:10 AM
    I know that my regular phone with Verizon (LG enV2) the BlueTooth only allows one-way picture transfer -- from phone to PC. I think they did that so you can transfer your camera pics, but not receive new wallpapers without purchasing from them. I'm not sure about the other file types.
    12-03-08 10:12 AM
    As far as I know PDF is not supported on the phone at least not natively. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    12-03-08 10:12 AM
    of course .pdf is supported. It wouldn't be a blackberry w/o it. You can't edit the .pdfs bu even on my 8700 you could d/l and read them.

Adobe Flash is not (yet?) supported.
    12-03-08 10:15 AM
    When i purchased my Storm on the day that it came out. I asked the Sales Rep at VZ about transfering different type of files via bluetooth, and he kinda hinted around that certain functions were locked to encourage the purchase of ring tones. I am currently trying to send filed from my PC to my phone via bluetooth but it keeps telling me service not supported, but when i send from my phone to my computer no problem. The files i am trying to send are XLS, and PDF's and JPG's. Could this be caused by some of the bluetooth functions on the phone turned off?

I have sent both ringtones, pics, and short vids to my Storm. Just email them to yourself and then download them onto the phone. It works like a charm.

A second method I used is to transfer them directly to the phone using the USB cable.

This does not solve the BT problem but it is an easy work around.
    12-03-08 10:16 AM
    I have gotten it to work. You have to go to your media manager menue->receive using bluetooth, then send file from the right click menue using the send via BT button. I have sent xls,pdf's,jpeg's,mp3's, also word files. If anyone knows of a way to set it up in a way that you wouldn't have to prepare it for an import that would be great!!! But for know i must say that i am satisfied.
    12-03-08 12:16 PM
    i still insist that there is a way to totally unlock all restrictions for the BT on the phone. The Rep at VZ seemed to had known, but was reluctant to tell me how. Maybe because his manager was standing over his shoulder.
    12-03-08 12:18 PM
    I have gotten it to work. You have to go to your media manager menue->receive using bluetooth, then send file from the right click menue using the send via BT button. I have sent xls,pdf's,jpeg's,mp3's, also word files. If anyone knows of a way to set it up in a way that you wouldn't have to prepare it for an import that would be great!!! But for know i must say that i am satisfied.
    This has always been a feature of Bluetooth on blackberries.

You have to Go into media (aka ringtone/picture etc) and select "Receive via Bluetooth" then BT from your other device and the blackberry will receive it no problems.

You dont have to email yourself attachments, just know how to use the bluetooth on a blackberry as its different to how you "normally" use it on other phones.
    12-03-08 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD