Hi all,

I have an e-mail account with my university. I've had the storm for about two months now and never had a problem retrieving e-mails. Suddenly, though, it's just stopped working. I've tried to restart the phone, but it doesn't seem to help. Does anyone know what might be causing this/how I may fix it?

Thanks!
    02-27-09 09:43 AM
    So you are using BIS to get your univ email? If so, try resending service books to see if that helps....if not, you might have to contact your mail admin to try and figure out where the issue is...
    02-27-09 09:58 AM
    I'm having the same problem here. My university email worked for about 2 months now all of a sudden it won't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 10:03 AM
    I have been trying to set up my email through outlook web access for the last week and I can't get it to work. It worked for a couple hours at one point but then stopped suddenly like yours. I don't get it.

02-27-09 10:10 AM
    My university email is through outlook web access.

02-27-09 10:14 AM
    My uni email is just through the university-sponsored webpage. I've still been receiving e-mails when I check my e-mail on the computer, just not on the blackberry...
    02-27-09 10:19 AM
    When this happened to me, I had to revalidate the account at the BIS site. Go there and see what's up. You could also try deleting the account and reestablishing it. If that doesn't work, I suggest contacting the email administrator. They may have locked something down that killed your account.
    02-27-09 10:19 AM
    I also receive emails on the computer but nada on bb. I talked to a Verizon rep about this and she said talk to the universities IT department.

02-27-09 10:23 AM
    I don't necessarily know if it's something to do with the university's IT, since I am also not received facebook updates on the application anymore. The problems with both happened right about the same time, so I think it must be an issue with the blackberry itself. (Though my facebook account is through that specific e-mail account. Argh... this is overly complicated).
    02-27-09 11:55 AM
    ^ definitely looks like they changed something...call and ask the IT department...or look on their website...usually they have instructions on how to add accounts to devices...maybe they changed something....have you tried deleting and then re-adding this account on BIS?
    02-27-09 11:59 AM
    Yes I have deleted and re added several times. The first couple times this was successful,however now re adding my email doesn't seem to help either.

02-27-09 12:49 PM
    OWA is really pissing me off. It keeps reverting to old stuff everytime I change it. I go in and change the mail server address, save it, and go check it later and it's back to what it was before. The mail server address is apparently wrong, because I don't get my damn email on my device.

Does anyone know where I can get BIS tech support? Do I go through VZW or RIM? My company doesn't have a problem with my setting up OWA access through BIS, but they don't support it.
    02-27-09 01:27 PM
    I use university e-mail. If there is ever a problem or system failure at the university such as a power failure (which happened yesterday) I have to re enter the password on line.
    02-27-09 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD