If my blackberry button only works some of the times will I be able to take it back to verizon for a new one? For instance, on the main screen in portrait view when I have only 4 icons showing at the bottom of the screen (because I have chose to only have 4 showing), when I click the black berry button to bring up the rest of my icons it usually doesn't work right away. It is not going slow or freezing up, the button just responds when it wants to. I know the button works because if I hold it down then the menu of what apps are running will pop up, but when I tap the button to get the rest of my icons up, or a menu, such as on facebook, up it will take almost like 5-10 clicks everytime to get it to finally work. So the main question is, is this covered under verizons warranty or am I gonna look like an ***** if I bring this in?
    07-27-09 12:51 PM
    Yes you are under warrenty for that reason. You can go to a VZW corperate store or call *611 from your device and get a replacement phone shipped to you. Make sure if you have a leaked OS that you downgrade to .148 before proceeding.
    07-27-09 12:56 PM
    if you are going to call, make sure you do a backup. Their answer to everything is a complete handset wipe. Also, call this number from another phone as they will want you to do some things on the phone that are not possible if you are on it. 18009220204

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 01:03 PM
    ok sweet I'm going to take it in to a verizon store right now
    07-27-09 01:06 PM
    Could also be a software issue. Are you on version 148 or higher? If you are still on .75 this could also explain the problem.
    07-27-09 01:10 PM
    hey i figured i'd ask this question in here instead of starting a new thread about the same thing pretty much.

the speaker on my storm sounds like crap now when ever i get a text or i play music on it. my first storm was like that too after a while it just crapped out. i never have my ringer more than "normal" in profiles and i don't blast music either, mainly for fear of blowing it up.

does anyone know if this is covered?
    07-27-09 01:35 PM
    hey i figured i'd ask this question in here instead of starting a new thread about the same thing pretty much.

the speaker on my storm sounds like crap now when ever i get a text or i play music on it. my first storm was like that too after a while it just crapped out. i never have my ringer more than "normal" in profiles and i don't blast music either, mainly for fear of blowing it up.

does anyone know if this is covered?

Yes this is also covered.
    07-27-09 01:37 PM
    Yes this is also covered.

thanks for the reply!!
    07-27-09 01:39 PM
    Basically, if it's not cracked or broken, it's covered. :P

But watch those software versions. Even if it's not the problem, they'll still give you **** about it.
    07-27-09 01:55 PM
    lol, just load .148 it works fine. then if the issue persists, no worries about if VZW will claim that the OS voids your warantee, lol!
    07-27-09 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD