Hi all,

Returned from Portugal to UK recently. Got Vodafone P signal while I was there, but did not make any calls or send texts. On switching on the phone after I landed, I tried to make several calls (all UK calls) but they did not go through. The following message came up everytime: Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException. No signal problems...I had full 3G signal.

To start with, I could not make calls directly from the phone book or the recent calls log but could type in the number and make the call. For the last 3 days or so, even that is not possible. How can one explain this??? No problems with the push email/internet/texts so far, thankfully.

I tried searching for an answer through the BlackBerry support site and also looked at some other sites like google, but have not got any further. Lately, I erased my contacts, my calls log, did a battery pull, typed in a number and dialled. Result? I still got the Uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException message.

Can anyone help me please? Thanks for any input.

Samrat.
    03-14-09 07:13 AM
    I have the same problem, and I don't know where it came from. I have never left the USA or made a global call. I cannot delete calls from my phone log.
    03-14-09 04:31 PM
    i use to get this all the time, i had never left USA though. After 3 days of getting this error and having to do repeated battery pulls. i upgraded to OS .109, since then i have never had any problems and that was about 4 weeks ago i think.
    03-14-09 04:45 PM
    I am getting the same message on my T-mo BB curve 8320, and I have no myfaves at all.
    I was sent a new phone to replace one the trac ball quit working on, everything else was fine.
    I now get that same message and I have no myfaves.
    Any ideas?
    03-14-09 04:56 PM
    TruLove12 - how do you upgrade to OS .109? Is this for my Verizon Storm?
    03-14-09 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD