Every so often, and depending on which OS is installed, i get errors on my Storm, saying "Uncaught Exception: Application "whatever app is acting up" (###) is not responding; Process Terminated"

In the case i am seeing right now the application is "CPress_470_en_app" with error code (201)... however i have other applications that do this, and every time the error happens a different number shows up...

I try battery pulls, and nothing works, it just sometimes seems it works itself out after a few days, or if i reinstall the OS... but even then it is only a quick fix and it tends to come back up.

Does anyone know what's causing this, and how to fix it? It happens with every OS build i've tried, and the only things that differ is the error number and how long it happens after a new install... as well it is completely random on when it fixes itself.....
    06-18-09 01:45 PM
    does no one else get these? could i have a faulty storm?
    06-18-09 08:16 PM
    I got some Uncaught Exception error related to null pointer, I think it was a while ago. I ended up re-loading o/s working great.
    06-18-09 08:27 PM
    Are you by any chance on BES and syncing lots of data? The Storm BES apps seem to choke during this time. The good news is that once syncing finishes, the apps will miraculously work. In the meantime, you can switch to other apps by pressing the BB button.

Hope this helps.
    06-18-09 10:21 PM
    no i am on BIS, and it will do it on apps that do not require a connection as well
    06-19-09 11:23 AM
    Unless it happens frequently I would not worry about it. Sounds like a 3rd party app is misbehaving.
    06-19-09 12:31 PM
    it happens really frequently with Canadian press, basically locks it out until i reinstall the os..... other apps it's happens occasionally
    06-19-09 12:52 PM
    I had the same problem.. I had to backup my data and apps and wipe my phone. I would get an uncaught exception every time I booted my phone. Pkcable is right. It's most likely a 3rd party app, you could try uninstalling the last few like the canadian press one
    06-19-09 12:59 PM
    This happened to me just about every other day while sending text messages when I was on the original OS. I installed the new OS when it was officially released from RIM and it's happened once since then. It seemed that it happened only when I was typing faster than the letters actually came on the screen.
    06-20-09 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD