Upon my storm restarting either after a battery pull or thru use of the quikpull app. I get this error on start up.
    "Uncaught exception: no application instance"

All I do is click OK & it seems to work as normal.
    Anyone know whats up with that?
    01-04-09 03:46 PM
    It's simply a bug within the software. There is no sure fix for it. Future updates to the software will correct this problem.
    01-04-09 03:48 PM
    I had the same prob, found my answer on a rim board: it was simply that I had an expired version of azrize alerts installed. Entered my reg code and the problem never came back. Check and see if you have any expired software trials, if you do remove them.
    01-04-09 03:50 PM
    thanks that was it!
    01-04-09 04:04 PM
    Glad I could help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 06:23 PM
    I had the same prob, found my answer on a rim board: it was simply that I had an expired version of azrize alerts installed. Entered my reg code and the problem never came back. Check and see if you have any expired software trials, if you do remove them.
    Can you explain me how to check for those expired software trials? do i need to hook up my phone to the desktop manager or can i just do it straight from the phone? please help me out, thanks so much.
    02-22-09 11:29 PM
    Thanks for the information, it fix my problem also. Good to know..
    04-03-09 11:34 PM
    Actually, I'm an in store technician for Verizon Wireless and I saw this issue three times this past week. It might have had something to do with a third party app. But I couldn't find anything. In fact, in all three cases the touch screen wasn't very responsive and emails (as well of txts) weren't coming through. The phone read that it was connected to the data network and resending the service books fixed nothing. The only fix I found was a hard reset. Any other information on the uncaught exception error would be great. Because I couldn't seem to find any internal information on the subject.
    04-04-09 01:06 AM
    Actually, I'm an in store technician for Verizon Wireless and I saw this issue three times this past week. It might have had something to do with a third party app. But I couldn't find anything. In fact, in all three cases the touch screen wasn't very responsive and emails (as well of txts) weren't coming through. The phone read that it was connected to the data network and resending the service books fixed nothing. The only fix I found was a hard reset. Any other information on the uncaught exception error would be great. Because I couldn't seem to find any internal information on the subject.
    My Bold 9000 would not do a back up on the DM. After I removed the expired app. i quit getting the error message and it will back up now on the DM
    04-04-09 01:22 AM
    I had the same problem yesterday after I did a backup. I got this message on the 3rd party apps I tried to open (Slacker , Heartradio etc.) and I didn't know what to do so I uninstalled them, re-downloaded and everything is fine today : )
    After the Uncaught exception message was on the screen I tapped the OK box and another opened saying "Something went wrong. Aborting. See device log for more details" Probably backed up wrong?
    04-06-09 07:11 PM
    Check your log for something like "no application instance" in troubleshooting.
    04-07-12 09:21 PM
    HOLAAA QUISIERA SABEER PORQUE ME SALE ESTO -> (uncaught exception: no application instance) EN MI BLACKBERRY 9220. SE ME APAGA EL CELULAR EN CUALQUIER MOMENTO Y AUNQUE LA BATERIA ESTE CARGADA SE APAGAAAA. POR FAVOR AYUDENMEEEEE.
    03-01-14 03:03 PM
    HOLAAA QUISIERA SABEER PORQUE ME SALE ESTO -> (uncaught exception: no application instance) EN MI BLACKBERRY 9220. SE ME APAGA EL CELULAR EN CUALQUIER MOMENTO Y AUNQUE LA BATERIA ESTE CARGADA SE APAGAAAA. POR FAVOR AYUDENMEEEEE.
    Here are the documents from BlackBerry technical support. With you offering so little information this is a best guess.

KB32984-After an upgrade BlackBerry App World will not start with the error "Uncaught exception:no application instance"

KB33010-"Uncaught exception" error is displayed when attempting to access Manage Connections on a BlackBerry Smartphone
    03-01-14 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD