Guys my brother just passed his Storm 9500(Vodafone India) to me. I am currently on
    V4.7.0.186
    Platform-4.0.0.222
    Cryptographical kernel-v3.8.5.51
    Branding Version 1.0.247.714B

For the Past 2 days i tried with all my might to upgrade to OS5 but cudnt succeed.

I downloaded the offical firmware 5.0.0.841_Vodafone_DE and 5.0.0.1005_Telenor_Sverige_AB
    installed latest desktop manager
    deleted vendor.xml from the apploader
    tried BBSAK
    Tried a old desktop manager
    read a lot of threads
    But no luck. Every time it said no updates found.
    Its my 1st blackberry and i have still to learn a lot about how stuff works.
    Please guide
    Last edited by killachandra; 02-19-12 at 10:47 PM.
    02-19-12 10:42 PM
    Make sure that the new os is INSTALLED on your computer. If it isn't, the system won't find it.
    02-28-12 12:35 PM
    Wow. I've been seeing this a lot in many threads. I just upgraded mine yesterday and same thing, Desktop Manager showed no new upgrades. First of all i just want to say just in case....backup first. Also did you run the loader.exe file like Hootyhoo mentioned above? If not, go in where you deleted the vendor file and near the top click the file called 'Loader' let it run and when its done you should be ready to do your upgrade.

Now with that being said here was my problem...even after all that Desktop Manager still did not show my upgrade. I have also Blackberry Desktop Software on my PC and when i ran it and plugged in my phone there it was. If you don't have Blackberry Desktop Software just Google it and the first link should take you too BB's website.

I hope this is of some help. Let us know.
    03-08-12 01:53 AM
    I have a storm 9500 from Vodafone india, which does not offer v5. I am still on the above mentioned details. I have downloaded OS v5 for storm 9500 from vodafone denmark(5.0.0.841_Vodafone_DE). I have installed the blackberry desktop application and the os v5 on the pc,(i am not that dumb). But as stated i am frustated that i cant see the os on bb swiss army knife or the blackberry desktop app. Please advice
    12-02-12 05:51 AM
    All right, i made some progress. I can now see the update in blackberry desktop application, under other versions. But it says theres an error updating as this service is only available to active subscribers. any chance we can dodge that.
    12-02-12 06:04 AM
    You need to use the AppLoader (loader.exe) in order to load the device OS if you do not have an active BlackBerry Data Plan.
    12-02-12 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD