I have the .65 software, but I am wondering what people have found about this error. From searching the forums, it appears that some people feel that BES is the problem. I am on an exchange server from work (I set it up myself by just adding my username and password/pin.

From looking at the forums, it seems others have had this problem too. However, I haven't seen a fix, work around, or solution to address it. I am hoping someone has a bit more useful information they could post here?

Some questions I have been thinking about:

If I am on BES, would I have to disconnect to ever do an OTA upgrade?

Is this an error in software, or is this working as designed?

Are there any people that aren't on BES having this problem?

With the large amount of people on BES, wouldn't there be a solution to this, or is it something they expect the IT departments of the world to control?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.
    11-30-08 05:17 PM
    If you are on BES, you should ask your IT dept, specifically the folks that manage the BES or Exchange server that you'd like this update. Once they retrieve it to the BES server, you can then open Blackberry DM and retrieve the update. Supposedly the real, legit, 4.7.0.75 has been out through BES since yesterday.
    11-30-08 05:24 PM
    If you are on BES, you should ask your IT dept, specifically the folks that manage the BES or Exchange server that you'd like this update. Once they retrieve it to the BES server, you can then open Blackberry DM and retrieve the update. Supposedly the real, legit, 4.7.0.75 has been out through BES since yesterday.
    I think that is the leaked one. I think Verizon pushes it out tomorrow. However, I really don't know that my IT dept. keeps up on this. I simply have my device linked to my exchange server through enterprise activation, but I don't think they really do much else with it. So if that is the case, how can I get an upgrade without going through my IT dept??
    11-30-08 05:27 PM
    I heard one other is having this problem now that isn't on BES. Anyone?
    11-30-08 10:19 PM
    bumping for help? anyone?
    12-01-08 11:39 AM
    Rebump now that the OTA is coming? Any help guys?
    12-05-08 12:08 AM
    I'm on BES and activate my new phones by using the desktop managers and "switching to a new device" when it notices that there's a new PIN. Because there's no new PIN to detect, how will I re-connect to BES when I connect to the desktop manager???

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
    12-05-08 08:21 PM
    I think that is the leaked one. I think Verizon pushes it out tomorrow. However, I really don't know that my IT dept. keeps up on this. I simply have my device linked to my exchange server through enterprise activation, but I don't think they really do much else with it. So if that is the case, how can I get an upgrade without going through my IT dept??
    I'm now on my second upgrade (.76) and have been on the BES server since a couple of hours after buying the phone. Just because OTA won't work doesn't mean you can't download the software to your local machine and upgrade that way. It isn't as easy as OTA but it works just fine.

When I installed .75 I just did a straight-up upgrade via Desktop Manager and did not lose my enterprise activiation. However, when upgrading from .75 to .76 I decided to do a full wipe first. As a result, I'm now off of the BES awaiting a new activation code from IT. Hopefully someone is checking the BB over the weekend!

I have an email into our IT department asking them about loading the upgrades for OTA. I'll post a reply here if they ever respond. If not, I'll plan to upgrade via DM. OTA seems like a pain since you have to wait for the OS to download.

Hope some of the above helps.
    12-05-08 08:49 PM
    I am having the same issues with the OTA upgrade, it worked fine before activating on the BES, I have a ticket into our help desk as well. I am guessing it has something to do with the BES. My IT department says they don't see anything regarding that but that don't mean anything.
    12-28-08 12:10 PM
    I heard one other is having this problem now that isn't on BES. Anyone?
    I am not on BES and am having this problem. Any help? It used to work fine.
    01-03-09 08:46 PM
    After spending almost 3 hours with Verizon and then RIM, I finally got someone on the line who knew a fix. Here is what you need to do:

- Install the latest version of Desktop Manager (v4.7).
    - Connect your Storm and ensure it is connected with Desktop Manager.

I only know how to do this using Windows Vista.

- Go to Start/All Programs/Accessories and select Command Prompt.
    A note here. The Tech Support Rep told me to right click on the command prompt and select "Run As Administrator". This did not work for me!

- At the command prompt type cd \program files\common files\research in motion\apploader [enter]
    - Type loader.exe /resettofactory

This will cause your Storm to reset everything, including any firewall and IT policies back to the factory defaults.

If you backed your data up prior to this reset, but after the policies were already on your BB, it will just reload with the policies you tried to get rid of in the first place. You must reinstall everything manually if you didn't save the data before policies/firewall were installed on you system.

Hope this helps.
    ignites likes this.
    01-04-09 04:06 PM
    So what is the answer to the question why does the phone say "unable to send request for available upgrades."

?
    01-31-09 08:33 PM
    The loader.exe /resettfactory is the best solution! go ahead with it!
    09-29-09 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD