Soo i'm able to sync my music from iTunes but for some reason the album artwork isn't showing up. Anyone have any suggestions??
    11-24-08 03:54 PM
    First of all, how do you sync your Storm with iTunes? I'll try and find out once I can sync!

Ok, through the desktop manager.. Got it..
    Last edited by Busta00764; 11-24-08 at 04:19 PM.
    11-24-08 04:02 PM
    you have to install the bb desktop software and there is an option that says sync music with iTunes. Through the software, you can either choose to sync all ur music or you can create playlists in iTunes and sync whichever ones you want
    11-24-08 04:22 PM
    Okay, I just added a bunch of music to my Storm and all the album artwork transferred as well. No issues. Are you 100% sure that you even have artwork for the songs you added?
    11-24-08 05:21 PM
    the easiest way is to rename the album art picture to folder.jpg
    11-24-08 05:51 PM
    I agree, I think the way Apple has Album Art Setup in Itunes makes it near impossible to work with any other manufacturer. I have an archos 605 & I had to use Media Monkey to go through & rename the album art tags.
    11-24-08 05:55 PM
    so how do I rename the artwork folders?? sorry but i'm not the most computer savvy person in the world! lol
    11-25-08 11:25 AM
    i was wondering what the easiest way to make all the jpgs load was and that worked perfect!!! thanks
    11-25-08 11:44 AM
    so how do I rename the artwork folders?? sorry but i'm not the most computer savvy person in the world! lol
    if you have a jpg file in your folder that is the album art cover or what you want to show up as the album art simply rename it to folder.jpg
    11-25-08 11:45 AM
    Has anyone figured out how to do this on a Mac? I sometimes download shared music from Limewire and it gets imported into iTunes. I add the album artwork to it and then when I import it to the memory card, it doesnt show up with the song! What can I do?
    11-29-08 02:17 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to do this on a Mac? I sometimes download shared music from Limewire and it gets imported into iTunes. I add the album artwork to it and then when I import it to the memory card, it doesnt show up with the song! What can I do?
    images.google.com

type in the artist and album

drag the picture to the folder that the music is in then rename it folder.jpg

here is an example

11-29-08 02:21 PM
    images.google.com

type in the artist and album

drag the picture to the folder that the music is in then rename it folder.jpg

here is an example

Cool, thanks. But how does it know which song to attach itself to? And by that I mean I have all my music in one folder on the memory card. Is there a way to do this with the music like that?
    Last edited by Stang68; 11-29-08 at 02:32 PM.
    11-29-08 02:27 PM
    Cool, thanks. But how does it know which song to attach itself to?
    you should have each cd in its own folder.. its sort of dumb to just put them all in 1 big directory

so each folder gets all those songs applied to the album art named folder.jpg

example

11-29-08 02:32 PM
    each of those folders has a jpg file named folder.jpg
    11-29-08 02:32 PM
    each of those folders has a jpg file named folder.jpg
    Ohhh ok, so I have to organize it by album on my memory card IN the music folder in my Blackberry folder?...if that made sense.
    11-29-08 02:45 PM
    So I have renamed all my album art as folder.jpg, but they still dont show up, they are now just on my phone in the pictures folder, and in my album folders but wont show up, any Ideas?
    12-07-08 01:52 AM
    may want to try running a script in itunes that will embed artwork.

i use -> dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=embedart

just install the script, launch itunes, select all songs in library, run the script, and re-sync with your blackberry
    12-07-08 02:08 AM
    may want to try running a script in itunes that will embed artwork.

i use -> dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=embedart

just install the script, launch itunes, select all songs in library, run the script, and re-sync with your blackberry
    Ok so I DL'd the script, but I am not sure I am using it correctly, I placed it in a 'script' file in Itunes that i made, and selected all the songs, but nothing really happens?

EDIT: Got it sorted now, just used the folder.jpg method correctly this time.
    Last edited by Austorm; 12-07-08 at 06:24 AM.
    12-07-08 04:04 AM
    Ok, I've read this thread several times but I think I'm missing something. I have used the BB Media Sync to transfer my iTunes music to my phone. All good, but no artwork.

I have explored my music files on the card in the phone. I do not see any .jpg files under each album. Each album directory does have a file named BBThumbs.dat But that is it.

I have also looked for the folders.jpg file on my computer using windows explorer and the BB Media Manager. Where do I find these folder.jpg files that contain the artwork?

Thanks
    Sorry for being a noob.
    Rich
    12-07-08 07:55 AM
    HERE IS AN EASIER WAY!!!!! In iTunes, on the bottom right corner, make sure you have the album artwork set to "Selected Item". For EACH song, copy & paste the artwork. It resets it to be associated with the file.
    12-08-08 01:28 AM
    I have searched and read several threads about this topic, and the 2 primary solutions appear to be the addition of the cover art to each album folder as "folder.jpg" or the use of a program such as MediaMonkey to search and tag each song with the artwork.

My question is "what would you do in my situation and why?":
    I have 4400 songs spread over 1300 albums. I am not missing any artwork BUT all art jpgs are kept in one folder and none are in the respective music album as folder.jpg. They show up on iTunes but, of course, are not recognized when syncing with the BB.
    Do i have to go in each of 1300 albums and do the folder.jpg? or use MediaMonkey song-by-song? is there a better option?

Thanks
    12-09-08 12:02 PM
    Eager, please check out this link. It is the VERY simple fix to yoru issue: http://forums.crackberry.com/f85/tho...issues-111060/
    12-09-08 10:44 PM
    This is strange. Maybe you can help. I downloaded an mp3 from a radio station's website, and it came with embedded album art. I have long since deleted that mp3, but everything that shows up in the "Unknown" folder has that mp3's album art--even if it is not related.
    04-30-09 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD