Ok this is weird. I have used drag and drop to put a couple of ringtones on the storm. However when i disconnect and look for them in the ringtones folder they are not there? so i plug it back on the computer and they are there? so i download BBfilescout look on the storm they are there? I double click on the file and it plays in the media player no problem? so i reboot and the files still do not show

WHAT ****'S IS GOING ON ?
    05-18-09 04:44 AM
    Are you looking on the right ringtone folders there are 2 one on the device and one on the SD cad if you have one.....
    05-18-09 05:32 AM
    when you click on the media icon and choose ringtones it doesn't give you a choice of where to look. Yes i know there are two places if you use BBfilescout I can look in both and yes I can see them there?
    05-18-09 05:37 AM
    Known fault with the media card having indexing issues. This may be the issue in your case.

Do this... BEFORE you add new media to the card, delete the BBThumbs.dat file from the folder you are adding media to. You may have to "Show Hidden" to be able to see that file. This file is created by the phone so it can "find" the media faster for indexing in menus. Once you have deleted that file, then add your media... when you unhook the phone from the PC, the media card will scan and will create a new BBThumbs.dat file, which includes all of the recently added media.

I would suggest you get in the habit of deleting the BBThumbs.dat file before you add any media to the card. Good practice.
    05-18-09 07:38 AM
    Thanks I'll try that
    05-18-09 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD