I've done my best to research this issue but keep coming up empty handed. My 9530 is running the latest official build from VZW with Shrink-a-OS tailoring it to my personal tastes. I'm unable to see my Device Memory listed in Windows Explorer anymore.

Mass-Media is enabled and I see my SD Card.
    I've tried connecting on both WinXP and Vista.
    The device drivers have been uninstalled, re-installed, updated and everything in between.
    Using the built in File Browser on the new OS I can see a limited portion of the device memory.
    Using BBFileScout I can see all of the folders under device memory but get an error that the "system" folder is not readable on my Storm when trying to browse it.

Has access to this portion of the device been disabled in the latest build? Is there a workaround? How do I get full control of my internal memory back again? Do I need to downgrade my OS for this functionality again?

All help is appreciated here guys and gals.
    10-27-09 03:14 PM
    I have the same exact problem. With 4.XXX builds I would have the device memory show up as the D: drive AND the SD Card as the E: Drive, under "My Computer".

Now with 5.0XXXX, I can only see one OR the other, depending if Mass Storage Mode Support (MSMS) is On/Off. With MSMS "OFF", i can browse my device's memory through my desktop, but not the SD card. With MSMS "ON" i can browse the SD card, but not the device memory.
    Last edited by jrod.65; 10-27-09 at 03:28 PM.
    10-27-09 03:25 PM
    I'm having the same problem. 5.0 OS
    This is a refurbed Storm though. I can't see device memory on Windows but I can see my SD Card memory just fine. What gives?
    10-28-09 06:41 PM
    Both of my Storm's device memory doesn't show up on my computer....wtf

(One of them is about to be sent back to Verizon)
    10-28-09 11:25 PM
    10-28-09 11:49 PM
    Lol, what does it say? Because my bullisht browser doesn't render the text on that page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 12:24 AM
    Try opening Desktop Manager (just leave it running in the background, you don't have to do anything with it.) THEN plug in your phone and go into My Computer.
    10-29-09 12:49 AM
    I followed the instructions to the "T" and it still doesn't recognize my device. In fact; my BB doesn't even give me the option it used to to turn on mass storage when i connect to my computer? All this after the 4.5.175 update. Think I might roll back...........................

Sorry; just realized this is a Storm forum. I am having the same problem though; don't you think?
    10-29-09 01:00 AM
    Try opening Desktop Manager (just leave it running in the background, you don't have to do anything with it.) THEN plug in your phone and go into My Computer.
    Worked like a charm
    Minor inconvenience but I don't access the device memory that often...only to upload ringtones and what not. I'll deal.

Thanks chuck and z06pilot!
    10-29-09 11:38 AM
    Yes, thanks. Been trying to fix that problem for a couple of weeks.
    10-29-09 12:42 PM
    I tried all of the fixes below. I tried the patch at BB. I have had limited success (I can now see both the BB memory and my media card) but, I cannot see the "bin" files like I used to. I did this by turning off auto discover on the memory option. now I have a BB 9530 as an "extra device and it shows system memory and media card. but no OS folders. Any help appreciated,
    11-24-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD