I have torn apart the storm and analyzed the click problem .

The problem with the screen NOT clicking in the corners is created when wear from clicking causes the foam under the top cover to compress over time. To verify this, place a small amount of pressure opposite the corner you are pressing and you will notice that the screen clicks fine.

Why does the business card fix work? It places pressure behind the board raising the board to the screen.

What is the ultimate fix?

WARNING! If you do not know how to take apart your storm safely, do not attempt this!! Instructions for taking apart the storm are on the web (youtube) and are detailed enough to follow.

The FIX,

Take the storm apart.

Once part, take a single hole punch and punch a hole from a piece of electrical tape.

Place this piece over the center "click" button directly on the button on the board. This will raise the "click" button height.

Reassemble your phone.

I am new to this board and this is my first post. Thanks to all who make this a great board!

UPDATE:
    here is the URL for the video I made, Hope it helps.
    Last edited by G450; 01-18-09 at 10:23 AM.
    01-17-09 11:29 AM
    The problem with the screen NOT clicking in the corners is created when wear from clicking causes the foam under the top cover to compress over time.
    Wear? Over time? Every case that I've heard of is straight out of the box.
    01-17-09 11:34 AM
    Ok, so they did not do the best design.. I only provided the fix.
    01-17-09 11:36 AM
    Wear? Over time? Every case that I've heard of is straight out of the box.
    Not true. Some happen to come out of the box messed up, but for instance mine has gotten crappier with use. It tends to also get worse if you type on it upside down... as in while in bed or something like that.
    01-17-09 11:43 AM
    I find backing the two screws in the back works the best. I'm clicking all day long.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 12:06 PM
    same with me, ever since i did the torx fix i have never been happier with my storm.
    01-17-09 12:36 PM
    thats a **** of a first post. nice!
    01-17-09 12:40 PM
    Welcome to crackberry and thanks for a great first post. I've tried this and it works brilliantly much appreciated!

01-17-09 01:26 PM
    Thanks,

I'll cover the torx screws. The reason it works is by lowering the center of the board thus raising the corners. It is however not nearly as nice a feel as the previously posted fix.

I can't say enough about how nice it is to see professional people and ideas posted here.

Thanks again to all.
    01-17-09 01:30 PM
    Great suggestion! Have you considered making a little video of taking it apart, putting on the tape, and reassembly?
    01-17-09 04:05 PM
    we need pictures with illustrations
    01-17-09 04:08 PM
    Great contribution. Welcome aboard. Nice seeing a doer rather than a complainer...
    01-17-09 04:13 PM
    You should do a DIY, complete with pictures

But great information!
    01-17-09 04:19 PM
    I think someone should send this to RIM and the carriers so that they can get an official fix out there. That way we don't have to do it ourselves... (mainly so I, personally, don't have to do it myself... )
    01-17-09 04:35 PM
    Just did a DIY video and it is in the process of uploading to YouTube. Look for "storm 9530 click fix". I will post an update link after it officially shows up on YouTube.

The process is not difficult to follow so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle, but it is worth taking the time to do since it makes the screen MUCH nicer to type on.
    01-17-09 05:18 PM
    Will def have to give this a go. Sounds legit as a fix.

Welcome to crackberry where �addiction� is an understatement!

01-17-09 05:25 PM
    I think someone should send this to RIM and the carriers so that they can get an official fix out there. That way we don't have to do it ourselves... (mainly so I, personally, don't have to do it myself... )
    In the short time I have been following this site and even shorter time owning a Storm, you are absolutely correct. Many on here probably know this site is being read by those you mention... like a growing child, we don't give up on them (our Storms)... so, the forum members keep it fun and interesting while we wait for the powers that be to do their jobs.
    01-17-09 07:06 PM
    the bottom of my screen doesnt click well, will the credit cards fix work for that?
    01-17-09 08:11 PM
    the bottom of my screen doesnt click well, will the credit cards fix work for that?
    Bottom as in the "a" and "Numbers" button when in landscape mode?
    01-17-09 08:39 PM
    Yes. The bottem is a little bit mushy honestly.
    01-17-09 08:55 PM
    Or just loosen the two torx screws and do the exact same thing.
    01-17-09 09:01 PM
    UPDATE:
    here is the URL for the video I made, Hope it helps.
    G450, your link doesn't work. Though I did search and find your video.
    GREAT JOB!!!
    Hopefully this becomes sticky.
    Thanks!
    01-18-09 09:16 AM
    thanks for the help//\\
    01-18-09 10:10 AM
    Here is the correct link:
    01-18-09 10:21 AM
    Thanks JD,

I updated the first link as well.
    01-18-09 10:26 AM
49 12