I went from a BB Pearl to my Storm. I have had my Storm just over a month now so I am stuck with it. Cannot send it back.
    I did the OS upgrade, that helped a lot. Also have Storm Lock, love it.
    Problem is typing on the full keyboard. I just cannot seem to get it down.
    Has anyone been able to type on the Storm as well as they could on previous BB's?? I am trying, still very frustrating...
    04-06-09 08:23 AM
    Yes

Look, split the KB up into two sides.

Use the

T Y
    G H
    V B

as a cut off point. The T,G,V and left should be typed with your left finger

The Y,H,B and right should be typed with your right finger
    04-06-09 08:28 AM
    Yes

Look, split the KB up into two sides.

Use the

T Y
    G H
    V B

as a cut off point. The T,G,V and left should be typed with your left finger

The Y,H,B and right should be typed with your right finger
    Yep...you must split it up and be consistent with how you type. Practice practice practice. It does get much better. "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses all letters in the alphabet.
    04-06-09 08:32 AM
    Watch my youtube video. Search for my previous threads its in there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 08:33 AM
    yes sometimes when i find myself witha lot of foul ups it's due to me trying to reach over to a key i should not be touching with that finger. You have to remember that the touch points on the keys are not centered, they are slightly off.
    04-06-09 08:54 AM
    I came from a pearl and love the storm for its SureType. If it didn't have it I probably wouldve returned it. Are you using SureType?

04-06-09 08:57 AM
    yes sometimes when i find myself witha lot of foul ups it's due to me trying to reach over to a key i should not be touching with that finger. You have to remember that the touch points on the keys are not centered, they are slightly off.
    BIIIIIIIIIIIG +1

this is very important and many new storm users just dont want to adapt, feeling that the device should conform to whatever the **** the idea of perfect typing systems they had in their head instead.
    04-06-09 09:17 AM
    Ill be honest in iv only used Suretype. I've Never used the landscape mode either.

Is there something wrong with me? lol
    04-06-09 09:20 AM
    I went from a BB Pearl to my Storm. I have had my Storm just over a month now so I am stuck with it. Cannot send it back.
    I did the OS upgrade, that helped a lot. Also have Storm Lock, love it.
    Problem is typing on the full keyboard. I just cannot seem to get it down.
    Has anyone been able to type on the Storm as well as they could on previous BB's?? I am trying, still very frustrating...
    I went from the pearl to the Storm as well, and I have this problem too. I like the quick pad better cause Im used to the pearl. The only time I actually use the full keyboard is when it doesnt know what I am spelling. Orrr when I dont know what Im spelling
    04-06-09 09:30 AM
    i too went from the pearl to the storm and havent found a problem at all with the typing other than a little lag then before...using the full keyboard just takes time just like it took you time originally to get used to your pearl
    04-06-09 09:47 AM
    I think my main problem with getting it down is because I have "FFS" (fat finger syndrom)
    04-06-09 09:48 AM
    Practice makes perfect. I was pretty sloppy typing for the first 2 months, I can type pretty fast without ******* up, well sometimes it happens I get occasional keyboard lag...

04-06-09 09:50 AM
    i can type very fast on the landscape keyboard and the fact the screen clicks in has allowed me to be much more accurate compared to other touch screen keyboards.
    04-06-09 09:51 AM
    Qwerty keyboard rocks love itttt

04-06-09 10:25 AM
    I use Suretype like 95% of the time it gets really good at predicting your speech pattern, not to mention you start learning which words it choose for instance if you were typing "see" it will first bring up "are" on mine so I know to change this whenever I want "see".

However, sometimes I need the full qwerty when my suretype just doesn't want to spell things that I want it too. Other then that I use suretype, at first I had reservations about it but now that I am used to it I love it and type fast on it.
    04-06-09 10:43 AM
    I can type faster on the storm than I could on my 8830. I also like that I have multiple keyboard options here what other phone gives you all the keyboard options that are available?

04-06-09 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD