When the auto text screen pops up and you have typed a word in corectly, and it selects an incorrect word, how do I quickly get my word that I typed to be the one, and not the selected one when I press space?

In that same vain if auto text screen pops up and I see a word that is third in the list, is there an easy way to cycle through to the one I want from the keyboard? Just wondering if there was a faster way than going up to where it popped up and select it.

Again, this is kinda a similar question. Let's say you type something correct that auto correct thinks is wrong, and it changes it. How do I get it to do take my change?

I think backspace might be the only way for some of my questions? If so that can really slow you down because then you have to hit space again.

Just wondering if there was a better way!

Thanks!
    01-01-09 01:31 PM
    When the auto text screen pops up and you have typed a word in corectly, and it selects an incorrect word, how do I quickly get my word that I typed to be the one, and not the selected one when I press space?

In that same vain if auto text screen pops up and I see a word that is third in the list, is there an easy way to cycle through to the one I want from the keyboard? Just wondering if there was a faster way than going up to where it popped up and select it.

Again, this is kinda a similar question. Let's say you type something correct that auto correct thinks is wrong, and it changes it. How do I get it to do take my change?

I think backspace might be the only way for some of my questions? If so that can really slow you down because then you have to hit space again.

Just wondering if there was a better way!

Thanks!
    Press back and then space bar again.
    01-01-09 01:47 PM
    Ok, thanks! I just wanted to make sure about that! What about quick selecting in auto text? Anyway to do that? This is more about multiple items in sure type. Like if I want the second item even though if I hit enter it will select the 1st. Like a shortcut of hitting enter twice for the second item...

I know you can hit enter if you like one that is already selected.
    01-01-09 01:55 PM
    Press back and then space bar again.
    A quicker solution I have found is to click anywhere on the screen when I want to ignore the suggestion. This involves one click instead of 2.
    01-01-09 02:44 PM
    Yup, seems like that is the only way. I run into that to but Most of the time it puts in the right words. I text pretty quick on this piece now. RIM did a pretty good job with the predictions most of the time.
    01-01-09 02:49 PM
    Space bar works fine for that. I think CX was talking about auto correct. In that case there is no selection box. It just does it automatically. The only way I could figure that out is to hit backspace and then space and continue on.

Another question is there any tips about getting commas and apostrophes without going to !123.
    It is kinda frustrating. Most sentences with "its" should really be it's. At least for me. Also commas are good.
    01-01-09 02:51 PM
    A quicker solution I have found is to click anywhere on the screen when I want to ignore the suggestion. This involves one click instead of 2.
    +1 to this. I am so happy that i found this thread! this was bugging the crap out of me. It does very well on the predictions - Unless you swear alot
    01-02-09 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD