OK maybe another newbie question but I couldn't find anything by searching... Ive had this thing for a month now, and the txts are slow to come in...ie- i wont get any for a while and then all the sudden 3 or 4 will come in that were sent to me 20 minutes ago. What gives? VZW rep gave me some story about the line being messed up and took the battery out and called someone to have them unplug my line and then plug it back into the system??? seems like bs to me. Sometimes calls wont even come in and then all the sudden I'll get a VM. I think the phone is messed up, they tell me its not the phone. Any solutions out there?
    03-27-09 04:00 PM
    Maybe it's your reception. That can be an issue that occurs to all mobile users with poor reception - not just BB users.
    03-27-09 04:16 PM
    I noticed that when I get text messages from other carriers sometimes it takes a while to come through.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 04:59 PM
    No this happens even with Verizon customers, good or bad reception.
    03-28-09 12:24 PM
    Warning my grammar and punctuation are not very good in this description. I didnt have time to reorganize the sentence structuring. I appologize and please no ********. HAHA Really I just dont care to fix it.

Hey guys. This such problem has caused me much grief. My story goes that Im a small partner in a fire restoration company. A few of my friends are insurance agents so it helps that they can just give me buisness directly. Sometimes its more convienant for agents to either email me or text me job information. Very important info that I need so another company cant grab the job. Well my friends who again are also agents sent me job information on numerous occasions where I would either not get the message at all or it would come in minutes to hours or sometimes even a day later. After recieving the message I call the policy holder only to found out that it was given to a competeing company because we werent prompt enough.

The solution could be as simple. You avoid text all together and just call the people or vice versa.

That doesnt fix the text problem but this will.

After losing thousands I decided theres has to be a fix. I found a website that explains this whole problem. I cant remember the site and I appologize that i dont have and credentials to back up my information.

When you send a text message to someone. Regardless if its to a vzw, att, sprint, altell or any carrier. The message gets stored in vzw database. The message is sent from the phone to the database to where it decides if this is a vzw, att, sprint etc number. After it does that it then sends the message. Sounds easy enough. Its really not though. Sometimes you will send the message and it gets caught up in vzws delivery system. Causing it to 1. either be late, or 2 not show up at all.

Instead of sending a message to bobby whos number is 123-555-4567 directly to that number. Add the number like this into that contact that already exists in your phone book. "[email protected]"
    or if its with johnny and hes with sprint it would be "[email protected]"
    Same goes with att, and altell and every carrier.
    Now go to that contact and instead of selecting the number like your going to call that person select the number as it looks above with "@vtext.com"
    The message will get sent and recieved almost instantly. By doing this your doing the work of vzw delivery sytem. The message doesnt get hung up because it doesnt have to decide if its a verizon sprint or att customer.

Sounds crazy but my friends and I have tested it and it works almost as fast as blackberry pin.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by gthirty6ptime; 03-28-09 at 04:41 PM.
    03-28-09 04:38 PM
    Warning my grammar and punctuation are not very good in this description. I didnt have time to reorganize the sentence structuring. I appologize and please no ********. HAHA Really I just dont care to fix it.

Hey guys. This such problem has caused me much grief. My story goes that Im a small partner in a fire restoration company. A few of my friends are insurance agents so it helps that they can just give me buisness directly. Sometimes its more convienant for agents to either email me or text me job information. Very important info that I need so another company cant grab the job. Well my friends who again are also agents sent me job information on numerous occasions where I would either not get the message at all or it would come in minutes to hours or sometimes even a day later. After recieving the message I call the policy holder only to found out that it was given to a competeing company because we werent prompt enough.

The solution could be as simple. You avoid text all together and just call the people or vice versa.

That doesnt fix the text problem but this will.

After losing thousands I decided theres has to be a fix. I found a website that explains this whole problem. I cant remember the site and I appologize that i dont have and credentials to back up my information.

When you send a text message to someone. Regardless if its to a vzw, att, sprint, altell or any carrier. The message gets stored in vzw database. The message is sent from the phone to the database to where it decides if this is a vzw, att, sprint etc number. After it does that it then sends the message. Sounds easy enough. Its really not though. Sometimes you will send the message and it gets caught up in vzws delivery system. Causing it to 1. either be late, or 2 not show up at all.

Instead of sending a message to bobby whos number is 123-555-4567 directly to that number. Add the number like this into that contact that already exists in your phone book. "[email protected]"
    or if its with johnny and hes with sprint it would be "[email protected]"
    Same goes with att, and altell and every carrier.
    Now go to that contact and instead of selecting the number like your going to call that person select the number as it looks above with "@vtext.com"
    The message will get sent and recieved almost instantly. By doing this your doing the work of vzw delivery sytem. The message doesnt get hung up because it doesnt have to decide if its a verizon sprint or att customer.

Sounds crazy but my friends and I have tested it and it works almost as fast as blackberry pin.

Hope this helps.
    thats really interesting...

but to the op, are there any other bb owners or storm owners around you that have the same problem? if not then it might just be the phone. Try getting a replacement. I use to have this problem but it would only happen on occasion and it has seem to dried up since long ago
    03-28-09 04:54 PM
    Talked to someone at *611 saturday night, I was on the brink of finding out if the storm would fuse with a nearby brick wall bc it had been doing the same thing as usual. I started the convo with "If we dont get this figured out, VZW can cram this thing and I'm going to AT&T and getting the iPhone. That said lets fix this thing." He did a series of checks in the phone. Found out the network was set on "global" instead of "1xev". Its been 2 days and so far so good, he did say that if the problem persists then I would have to get another phone.
    03-30-09 03:39 PM
    I seem to be having the same problem, here's my thread describing it and there is some interesnting information from a (supposed) Verizon Engineer that might help the situation.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/not...-later-190429/
    03-31-09 02:06 AM
    Irish, just to clarify... I am not a network engineer. I am a cust svc rep in a retail location that just happens to have a direct line to the network performance engineers in my area. I will continue posting in the other forum so as to keep my links simple... I am new to this site. lol you can search for posts from me in a thread labeled "not receiving calls..."
    03-31-09 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD