Yeah I dont get that. My wife has a curve and her emails come though INSTANTLY, but take up to 15 minutes on my storm I dont understand..

Are you using the GMAIL BIS setup with POP, IMAP, or the App? I know that IMAP and the App both don't work the same as the POP. For me, POP push is instant (about 5 seconds delay) whereas with the app, the delay is about 15 minutes since that is only how often the app checks the account. I cannot speak for IMAP since I've not used it but I've heard there is a few minutes delay.

The two-way reconcile works perfectly for me on .99. I'd say this is the best feature added on .99, at least for us GMAIL users
    02-06-09 03:36 PM
    tah..thanks
    02-06-09 05:15 PM
    I don't mean to bring back an old thread, but I figured it was better than opening a new one on the same topic.

That said, I followed the instructions on post #17, but I still am not able to successfully execute a two-way sync. Emails read on the BB's native app show up as read on gmail, but emails read on gmail do not show up as read on the BB. I have tried to manually sync the native app, but to no avail.

Here's what I believe to be pertinent info to this issue:
    - I am on BIS
    - I am not using the Gmail app
    - I set my email account up on RIM's BIS website via the directions on post 17
    - I am on OS v.122

If anyone knows why I still can't get a two-way sync going please let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it!
    05-06-09 11:51 AM
    This feature no longer works...it worked for less than a week and now it doesn't work anymore. Google has acknowledged this and unfortunately we are stuck with it this way for now. It does suck that there isn't two way action here because it makes the BIS email annoying. Yahoo works two-ways with BIS I hear. But I use GMail not Yahoo and I am not willing to switch now.
    05-06-09 12:01 PM
    Thanks roastdawgg.

Just a quick and unusual update. About 20 minutes after I attempted to manually sync the BB, I noticed that half of the emails I read on gmail were no longer on the BB's native app. It appears that two-way syncing still be working, albeit with a lag.

I'm keeping a log to see how well it performs throughout the day, and will update the thread on the findings.
    05-06-09 12:13 PM
    Update: Emails read after 9:45 were gone from the BB by approximately 12PM. Looks like BIS 2-way sync still works, just takes roughly 2 hours.
    05-06-09 03:25 PM
    When you say gone do you mean you read them on your computer and deleted the messages and they eventually were also deleted from your BB? If so that we know works. What doesn't work is when you read an email on your computer the message gets marked as read on your BB. Mine no matter how long I wait still shows a new unread message on my BB even after reading it in GMail on a computer but leaving it in the inbox. However if I read it first on my BB it will be marked almost instantly as read inside of GMail.
    05-06-09 03:29 PM
    Aaaah, I see. I always archive all my read emails, I'll leave one in and see what happens.
    05-06-09 03:46 PM
    so how'd that work out for you? leaving a message unarchived?
    05-07-09 01:22 PM
    Haha, no joy. Read email still on the BB.
    05-07-09 03:32 PM
    When you say gone do you mean you read them on your computer and deleted the messages and they eventually were also deleted from your BB? If so that we know works. What doesn't work is when you read an email on your computer the message gets marked as read on your BB. Mine no matter how long I wait still shows a new unread message on my BB even after reading it in GMail on a computer but leaving it in the inbox. However if I read it first on my BB it will be marked almost instantly as read inside of GMail.
    My "problem" is similar. If I read an email on PC [pulled from gmail server] and delete it. Hours later when I open my BB there are the email messages that I've already read & deleted. I've read these threads but didn't see anything that specifically mentioned this issue [unless I missed the revelence of an instruction].
    05-11-09 02:34 PM
    I have the same issue. I have set up IMAP according to the instructions here and I still have an issue with emails read and deleted on my home computer still show as unread on the blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 03:04 PM
    I have the same issue. I have set up IMAP according to the instructions here and I still have an issue with emails read and deleted on my home computer still show as unread on the blackberry.

The instructions that were posted here might not be valid anymore. RIM rolled out BIS 2.6 back at the end of March, which updated BIS to use IMAP for Gmail integration; however, it only supports one-way sync. The catch is that Gmail accounts that were set up prior to the BIS 2.6 update had to be deleted and re-setup in order to take advantage of 2.6, so perhaps those who jury-rigged their Gmail setup to do two-way sync before the 2.6 rollout might still be able to backdoor a two-way sync as long as they don't delete and re-establish their Gmail integration.
    05-11-09 03:11 PM
    The instructions that were posted here might not be valid anymore. RIM rolled out BIS 2.6 back at the end of March, which updated BIS to use IMAP for Gmail integration; however, it only supports one-way sync. The catch is that Gmail accounts that were set up prior to the BIS 2.6 update had to be deleted and re-setup in order to take advantage of 2.6, so perhaps those who jury-rigged their Gmail setup to do two-way sync before the 2.6 rollout might still be able to backdoor a two-way sync as long as they don't delete and re-establish their Gmail integration.
    I ended up deleting and reestablishing my Gmail account and the two-way sync works, but only if you delete the email on your Gmail account. I should also mention that, in my experience, it can take over a day for the emails to sync. I archived some emails on Friday around 5:30PM. They were on my BB until about 10 AM on Sunday.
    05-11-09 03:58 PM
    Ok. I have never waited that long for the sync to occur and just assumed it was not working. I also deleted and re-added the gmail account but don't have access to a computer as I'm currently in Honduras.

Riding a bus. Hot as **** but loving that I have internet access in the middle of nowhere. I love this little device.

05-11-09 04:37 PM
    Ok. I have never waited that long for the sync to occur and just assumed it was not working. I also deleted and re-added the gmail account but don't have access to a computer as I'm currently in Honduras.

Riding a bus. Hot as **** but loving that I have internet access in the middle of nowhere. I love this little device.

Yea, I guess waiting a day-and-a-half for a sync to occur can be considered "not working as intended".
    05-11-09 04:47 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD