First off I would like to know why my red light stays on my phone in the top right hand corner? Not to sure why this happens and I am sure has been answered multiple times, but I just didn't do a search for it. Also I know it's a noob question as well and I am not on here to sound like a noob because I am pretty knowledgeable when it comes to technology. It is doing it now while I am charging my phone and does it while I do not have it on the charger.

Also how bad does the battery drain while watching a movie on the Storm? Are you able to get through a full length movie before the phone dies? What happens if you get a text during the movie? Will it stop?
    01-15-09 09:53 AM
    my red light flashes when I have messages, missed call, or voicemail.. I don't know much about Storm but I can adjust settings on my Curve so it only flashes when I miss phone calls, etc... I suggest doing a search to learn more about Storm
    01-15-09 10:00 AM
    You either have a message. Can you turn the led off in options if you want.

The batter drain while watching a movie is device specific. Good for some - horrible for others.
    01-15-09 10:15 AM
    01-15-09 10:20 AM
    Thanks for the tips. I really appreciate it, but mine is a solid red light. My indicator is set to off.
    01-15-09 10:29 AM
    What OS is on your Storm? .85 and .86 are known to do weird LED things. On .86 everything is great on mine except sometimes after a USB connection my LED acts weird and does undocumented things (flashes Blue\Red, Red stays on constantly, etc.). For me turning it off and pulling the battery fixes the issue....until the next time.
    01-15-09 10:35 AM
    Do you have WeatherBug ? If so, how do you have alerts configured ?

Doctor Neutron
    01-15-09 11:26 AM
    Try pulling the battery.
    01-15-09 11:50 AM
    No Weatherbug on my Storm. Just using the manufactured release of the OS which I believe is .75. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty positive that is it.
    01-15-09 12:29 PM
    Try pulling the battery.

titled "two quick questions" how did i know this would be in here! lol yeah do what he said
    01-15-09 12:31 PM
    Last night I started watching a 90 minute movie, after I got the low battery warning, and not only did I finish the movie but I also listened to about 30 minues worth of MP3s. The phone never died on me. It was just time to turn in so I put it on the charger.
    01-15-09 12:34 PM
    The only time I get a steady red light indicator is when I tried to install Vlingo. As suggested, try the battery pull. That seems to fix the majority of minor problems. Kind of like a restart of your computer.
    01-15-09 01:31 PM
    I got a replacement Storm yesterday (that I didn't keep). It had factory .75. Decided to upgrade it to .86 before sending the rotten thing back. It had no 3rd party apps on it at all. Virgin new. And after the update, the LED's blinked radomly. Green charge light would never go off even after turning off the phone and unplugging from charger. It's a software glitch no matter if you turn off the LED indicators or not (tried it). It will go away after a battery pull but come back again under same circumstances. If everyone doesn't have this problem after the .86 upgrade then there is a serious build quality issue with the hardware.
    01-15-09 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD