Is it possible to turn off the Storms signal if I'm in a building for an extended period of time so the battery isn't constantly being drained trying to find a signal?

If yes, is it possible to make this process even easier by creating a shortcut on the home screen? Similar to clicking on the facebook app.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!
    11-18-08 01:55 PM
    No idea about creating a shortcut, but "manage connections", and "Turn all connections off".
    11-18-08 01:58 PM
    Yea... it's called the "off" button.
    11-18-08 01:59 PM
    You sarcastic wit is undeniably funny, but I still would like an answer from someone who doesn't have their head up their ***.

P.S. Thank you phil
    11-18-08 07:27 PM
    Yea... it's called the "off" button.
    See, this works well. But, there's things that I'll want to do on the phone, without turning it off (such as watching a movie on an airplane).

To the OP, I believe the only option is to use the manage connections setting someone else already mentioned.
    11-18-08 07:46 PM
    You sarcastic wit is undeniably funny, but I still would like an answer from someone who doesn't have their head up their ***.

P.S. Thank you phil
    S3. Lay off the roids. Unfortunately when you ask a jackass question you will get a jackass response. Breath and count backwards form 10.
    11-18-08 08:12 PM
    In many other phones they have "Airplane Mode" which effectively shuts down carrier access, but allows functionality of the phone to continue. Does the Blackberry have this type of mode?
    11-18-08 08:32 PM
    In many other phones they have "Airplane Mode" which effectively shuts down carrier access, but allows functionality of the phone to continue. Does the Blackberry have this type of mode?
    Of course!
    11-18-08 09:08 PM
    Manage Connections. It should with the other icons. 2-3 touch-clicks and the signal is off
    11-18-08 09:16 PM
    S3. Lay off the roids. Unfortunately when you ask a jackass question you will get a jackass response. Breath and count backwards form 10.
    Lol. A jackass question? I guess it is unreasonable to ask something about the phone when my current phone doesn't have this functionality.

Oh and I'm glad you made such a great contribution to Crackberry with you're first post. Now why don't you go make a bigger one and delete your account.
    11-20-08 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD