can we "turn off" the automatic accelerometer feature? I use the bb in "portrait" mode most of the time, it start to annoy me when the accelerometer automatically work in "landscape mode"

many thank
    04-20-09 12:08 AM
    No you can't. Maybe in a future OS update, but I wouldn't bet on it.
    04-20-09 12:17 AM
    It can't be turned off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 12:17 AM
    Why is it that you want to turn it off? Is it going into LS while you are still holding it in Portrait?
    04-20-09 12:33 AM
    try upgrading to .113 or .122

they fix the accelerometer issue where it turn by it self, or too sensitive
    04-20-09 01:06 AM
    I wish there was a way to turn it off too. Keeps flipping in the wrong direction when I'm in bed.

04-20-09 06:12 AM
    It would be nice if we could lock the accelerometer. Sometimes it would be nice to not have to worry about the phone flipping on you by accident.
    04-20-09 06:48 AM
    Yeah im unsure why this was never a feature that just came as standard with the phone from the begining, im sure it wouldnt of been hard for them. As stated above this could be changed in an OS update, but i doubt it. Think they are more worried about getting the phone actually working properly rather then enhancing its features.
    04-20-09 07:42 AM
    Would be nice to be able to lock it while looking at a map. It gets confusing trying to figure out which way to turn if you can't turn the map accordingly.

04-20-09 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD