I'm posting to show off the video quality. If you'll notice, at some point in the video, it's kind of jumpy. I also noticed that after like four minutes of video the phone freezes and I have to take the batt out. Bug fix down the line but I lost some awesome videos, for future reference, pause and start again. We can always put them together later on. The quality, IMHO, is pretty decent and I cannot complain for it being a phone.

song: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Wizards of Winter (live - IZOD 13 Dec. 2008)
    *completely taken on the Storm*

So I wanted I move this OTA. It is about 10 megs. Because blackberry has a cap on how big a file emailed is, I just logged into my gmail via opera and sent it as an attachment, took about four minutes to send a 10 MB file. Not too bad. Oh, if you go this route (instead of bluetooth or wire) keep touching your screen once a minute, if you leave the phone, it goes to sleep and you have to start over again. (grumbles) :-D

This is for anyone who doesn't have the phone yet and was curios about the video quality.

Also note, the file format is .3gp, a standard. There are free converters but youtube takes them all.
    Last edited by VitoOliver; 12-15-08 at 09:29 AM. Reason: left some contento ut
    12-15-08 09:27 AM
    Anybody that has not seen TSO live, needs to do so ASAP.
    Last edited by paulmike3; 12-15-08 at 09:33 AM.
    12-15-08 09:30 AM
    Is that the same quality that's on the phone? Wish there was a high quality feed to get a good idea, but that's not bad I guess... just some blocking on some of the lighting, that's why I'm wondering if that's exactly the same quality as on the phone. Not bad I guess for pitch black at a concert. :thumbsup:
    12-15-08 09:32 AM
    I know, the show was amazing. Steven Tyler showed up. I got a video which I'll be uploading later... When my boss is at his desk.

As far as the quality, I just used the phone, went to camera, and being as the light is so damn bright, turned it off (not that it would've made a difference, I was in nosebleed.)

I don't think it's bad quality for being in section 205 at the IZOD center in NJ. There may be better quality.

OH! Before I forget, this was annoying. to Zoom in and out, one must PAUSE the video, ZOOM, then Record... I was not fond of that.
    12-15-08 09:33 AM
    TSO is incredible live!

Wife and I go almost every year.

Last year, we splurged and picked up two 3rd-row center tickets off of StubHub. Wow! Such a good show!!
    12-15-08 11:02 AM
    Yeah, I think I just found a new holiday tradition.
    12-15-08 01:39 PM
    or you could just go to a TOOL concert, which has all the laser lights and cool imagery, but much better music
    12-15-08 02:14 PM
    lol... ahh thread drift... i'm much bigger into NIN, i get the best of both worlds! haha...
    12-15-08 02:33 PM
    Agree...TSO is unreal
    12-15-08 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD