ok so i adjusted my screen last night everything was fine then i charged it before i went to bed, i wake up and its almost dead. through out today the battery kept decreasing rapidly and i wasnt even using it. do u think its cause i turned it off while it was plugged in. would that dramatically decrease battery life? can i just buy a new battery and it will be fine? im really upset.
    04-18-09 08:42 PM
    Have you installed any new apps recently, or left some apps open?

I dont see how turning your Storm off while charging would effect its ability to reach a full charge.
    04-18-09 08:44 PM
    Sounds like you have a dud battery , but , what os are you on ? there were issues with .113 and .114 doing this to the battery .
    04-18-09 08:45 PM
    Have you installed any new apps recently, or left some apps open?

I dont see how turning your Storm off while charging would effect its ability to reach a full charge.
    oh sh*t i think you're right i just checked and i had youtube app open. i just closed it, lets see if it works. i know im an *****. thanks for the reminder.
    04-18-09 08:59 PM
    Sounds like you have a dud battery , but , what os are you on ? there were issues with .113 and .114 doing this to the battery .
    i have os .75.
    04-18-09 09:00 PM
    i have os .75.
    Hm ,although youtube is pretty intense , it shouldnt drain your battery like that. But give it a shot , see if its improved , if not go to verizon and grab your self a new battery
    04-18-09 09:02 PM
    oh sh*t i think you're right i just checked and i had youtube app open. i just closed it, lets see if it works. i know im an *****. thanks for the reminder.
    That should take care of it.
    04-18-09 09:14 PM
    i think it was youtube because now my phone feels cooler and its been at 65% since 9:59 pm.
    04-18-09 09:14 PM
    Cant you hold the BB button and it will show you what apps are open?
    04-18-09 09:19 PM
    Cant you hold the BB button and it will show you what apps are open?
    yea thats exactly what i did. thanks again man. it was definitely that.
    04-19-09 10:47 AM
    Crackberry love...I love it!
    04-19-09 11:01 AM
    Its also a good idea with the storm to do a battery pull daily, the software is not fully optimized yet and a pull can help you recover leaked memory. Pull a day keeps the doc away!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD