I am on my third storm from Verizon running .75. The first rebooted for no reason, the second had a terrible gap, so I am finally getting used to the third one.

This is my first BB, although I have keyed info into my husbands curve.

I am trying to move the cursor within email text I have typed. I have read the help files, and searched the board, but there must be something I am missing or not quite getting.

I click the screen where the cursor is, hold my thumb there and then move to where I want to go. Problem is, it only works if I tilt the storm so that I can actually see what is under my thumb, watch the cursor box change and then move the box. It doesn't work any better if I use my forefinger, and then I feel like I am going to drop the device.

Seems like it would work better if the email text were bigger, but I am not sure.
    Seems like I am missing something, but what??
    Thanks
    12-31-08 09:10 AM
    No, from the sounds of it, you have got the procedure down. A larger font does make it a little easier to do this. Hopefully they might make improvements to the way this works in a future os release.
    12-31-08 09:14 AM
    After clicking the screen to initially place the cursor, hold your thumb somewhere else (but don't click). After it changes from solid to outline, you can then move it around with your thumb and see where you are moving it.
    12-31-08 09:14 AM
    After clicking the screen to initially place the cursor, hold your thumb somewhere else (but don't click). After it changes from solid to outline, you can then move it around with your thumb and see where you are moving it.

I've read the 30 or so threads regarding this and still haven't been able to consistantly move the cursor. Your wording made the light bulb go off for me. Thanks so much, this has been driving me crazy!!
    12-31-08 09:54 AM
    I've read the 30 or so threads regarding this and still haven't been able to consistantly move the cursor. Your wording made the light bulb go off for me. Thanks so much, this has been driving me crazy!!
    Yeah, I read it a bunch of times too and thought, "I still won't be able to see the cursor under my finger." Then it happened to me accidentally and I heard angels singing Hallelujah!
    12-31-08 09:59 AM
    Thanks guys, while I still need some practice, I was able to successfully move the cursor with this tip. Guess my question wasn't as dumb as I was afraid it was!!!!
    12-31-08 03:24 PM
    After the cursor changes to the outline, I just kind of roll my finger away a bit to make it easier to see the cursor. Same concept, but no need to lift it up and touch the screen again
    12-31-08 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD