I tried making a new account for Blackberry Internet Service so I can have email accounts on my phone. I don't really get it but I guess what I want is to be able to look at my yahoo email account(s) on the phone with an actual icon. Is that push email? I don't know..

Anyway, when I tried making an account, it said "This PIN is already associated with an account" or something to that affect. What does this mean? I never made an account and I don't know what the username or password is so that is why I tried making a new account.

What should I do in order to get past that log in screen and also, WHAT is this "service" that I'm trying to get into? Is it for email icons so blackberry manages your email account(s) or something? I don't know, I'm an extreme novice when it comes to business phones, especially since this is my first blackberry.
    11-29-08 03:48 PM
    Did you setup an acct before or is this your first attempt?
    11-29-08 03:59 PM
    This is my second attempt, however the first attempt gave me the same message.
    11-29-08 04:07 PM
    OK thats why you got the message the second time do you remember your username and pass for the first time
    11-29-08 04:09 PM
    I couldn't get it working properly either. I had to get VZW Tech support to make me an account
    11-29-08 04:10 PM
    I do remember my user/pw from the first attempt but, it never even CREATED an account that time because the same message came up telling me that there already is an account with that pin.
    11-29-08 04:11 PM
    Did you get your phone new?
    11-29-08 04:18 PM
    This occurs when one of two things happen either you went through the email setup through the setup wizard on the device first or you went through the email settings icon first. To resolve this without calling VZW you can go through the email settings icon on the storm and set up at least 1 email account after you have done that you should be able to scroll all the way down and select create username which after you have completed you will be able to log in using your computer from the website

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 04:19 PM
    I do remember my user/pw from the first attempt but, it never even CREATED an account that time because the same message came up telling me that there already is an account with that pin.
    thats exactly what mine did. When I did a forgot your password link it sent me an email saying username and password don't exist, but when I tried to create one it said PIN was already in use or something. Call VZW CS and they will take care of it.
    11-29-08 04:19 PM
    If you call tech today you will be waiting a while

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 04:22 PM
    I'd actually gone through a similar circular experience (can't establish account w/system saying it exists), ask for password, receive email saying account doesn't exist. Took the CB forum suggestion and called it in...

My "Email Setup" options originally did NOT exhibit the account setup page.

The VZW customer rep will walk you through a somewhat obscure path where there's a tiny portion right off screen (usually the frustration by this point makes you forget to scroll at every page). After the little roundabout discovery, everything was a-go-go. VZW rep confirmed an account had been set up on their end. Sorry I can't spell out the actual path for you here. My phone seems to have rejiggered itself to where I now see the "proper" account settings page through "Email Setup". I don't know why and have explained it away as a ghost in the machine.
    11-29-08 04:41 PM
    I forgot my username and password also and lucky me when I called blackberry support their admin system just so happened to be down
    02-02-09 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD