Ive done everything now! Still no net for my storm.....BUT when i go to browser menu button, options, general properties, my default browser is blank! no option to change to media net or internet. What to do?
    02-22-09 10:27 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull yet? If not have you upgraded your OS recently?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 10:29 PM
    yup, did battery pull, and still nothing.
    02-23-09 08:44 PM
    what is your OS? also try dialing *228 then option 1
    02-23-09 08:46 PM
    when i dial that i get, your call cannot be completed as dialed. vs. 4.7.075
    02-23-09 10:52 PM
    You may want to uninstall then reinstall your OS and see if that fixes it. Your options for the browser should not be missing.

02-23-09 10:55 PM
    yeah, wierd huh. I'll try that and get back to you guys. Thanks!
    02-23-09 10:57 PM
    when i dial that i get, your call cannot be completed as dialed. vs. 4.7.075
    Then try dialing *22899. Also try registering using the Host Routing Table (Options> Advanced Options> Host Routing Table> Press BB key> Register Now) and logging into the BIS site or using the email settings app to resend your service books.

02-23-09 10:58 PM
    Then try dialing *22899. Also try registering using the Host Routing Table (Options> Advanced Options> Host Routing Table> Press BB key> Register Now) and logging into the BIS site or using the email settings app to resend your service books.

same message when i dial that. I've already registered and sent my service books.
    02-23-09 11:04 PM
    Trying the reinstall is about the only option left. If you try this let us know if it worked. I think most of us are about out of ideas. Sorry.

02-23-09 11:08 PM
    same message when i dial that. I've already registered and sent my service books.
    Did you try manually replacing the service books. You can do this with CrackUtil. Maybe one of them got replace some how.

02-23-09 11:10 PM
    Did you try manually replacing the service books. You can do this with CrackUtil. Maybe one of them got replace some how.

no i haven't tried that. Do you think you could give me a little walk through. I'll try uninstalling my os and reinstalling before I do that... don't want to brick my phone! what vs should I go with?
    02-23-09 11:15 PM
    no i haven't tried that. Do you think you could give me a little walk through. I'll try uninstalling my os and reinstalling before I do that... don't want to brick my phone! what vs should I go with?
    1) Download the service books (http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...vice_books.zip).
    2) Connect your storm to your computer and open CrackUtil.
    3) Enter in your password if you use one.
    4) Select the file manipulation tab and select retrieve file listing.
    5) Now look in the list for the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon module.
    6) Click on the module and select "remove file from device" (You might get an error but that is okay).
    7) Close CrackUtil and let the Storm reboot ( You may get the "Uncaught Exception Error", it's okay).
    8) Open DM and click the backup and restore tab.
    9) Click the Advanced tab.
    10) You should see the computer databases on the left (There is nothing here yet) and the storm databases on the right.
    11) Click file, then open and double click the service books file you downloaded.
    12) Select the service books from the left window and press the second button in the middle to transfer them to the storm.
    13) Close DM.
    14) Open CrackUtil and go to the file manipulation tab.
    15) Select load file to device and a window will open containing the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon module you previously removed.
    16) Double click on the module to replace it.
    17) Close CrackUtil and let the storm reboot.
    18) Disconnect from your computer.
    19) The browser should be functioning now.

02-23-09 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD