I got my Storm yesterday and I'm loving it. I have to admit I was a little shakey because it was running kinda slow. Then I finally figured out my problem.

For those of you that are going to be like - OMG he's just figuring out! Chill, a lot of people don't know about this.

When using any application, and I mean any application you need to close your program.
    And now your responding with.. what I do

But the truth is you don't. When you're done using an application you must hit the BB options button and hit close.

That way your applications won't continue running while you're doing something else. Allowing you Storm to run just as quick as mine.

Hope this helped, Post here with any concerns I'm willing to help.

Keep the negative feedback to yourself.
    12-25-08 11:34 PM
    That has been already figured out in like 10 other threads, but thanks for informing us!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 11:41 PM
    There are many ways to close down a application. Instead of going through the menu you can just hold down the back button.
    12-25-08 11:41 PM
    not negative feedback but rather constructive crtiticism.....yes closing apps keeps your storm running great instead of just backin out of them....however, a lot of people might not know this because they are not using the greatest tool in this forum....the search engine
    12-25-08 11:43 PM
    not negative feedback but rather constructive crtiticism.....yes closing apps keeps your storm running great instead of just backin out of them....however, a lot of people might not know this because they are not using the greatest tool in this forum....the search engine
    what's your point?
    12-25-08 11:47 PM
    point is "search" for tips to make it faster or search close apps.....quite a few posts will come up concerning this...again nothing negative just a useful tip
    12-25-08 11:48 PM
    For an easier way to close the program....

While in the program just hold down the back key for 2 seconds and it will exit the program and take you to the homescreen.
    12-25-08 11:49 PM
    what's your point?
    I think he is trying to say that if you and others used the search feature you would find that this topic has been discussed already. Also I believe this is mentioned in the BlackBerry 101
    12-25-08 11:49 PM
    thanx clover
    12-25-08 11:50 PM
    now you guys think about it. people may not now about this. so they won't know what to search for. like i said i don't need your ... feedback really take it to someone that worries about people trying to be helpful on the forums.
    Last edited by JeffH; 12-27-08 at 10:03 AM. Reason: language
    12-25-08 11:51 PM
    oh geez here we go.....not bs termena...just fellow users passin on info...the forums become inundated with repeat posts....just tryin to get the message out about using the search engine...its really helped me out a lot....if you have a problem just use the key words of your problem and more often than not it will come up!
    12-25-08 11:55 PM
    now you guys think about it. people may not now about this. so they won't know what to search for. like i said i don't need your bull**** feedback really take it to someone that worries about people trying to be helpful on the forums.
    Why do you say in the OP to keep negative feedback to ourselves? Were you expecting that? Strange...

12-25-08 11:55 PM
    now you guys think about it. people may not now about this. so they won't know what to search for. like i said i don't need your bull**** feedback really take it to someone that worries about people trying to be helpful on the forums.
    So if your saying they don't know how to search then that would also mean they won't know about this... thus making another thread about this topic. So by what your saying, all you have done is added to the clutter.
    12-25-08 11:56 PM
    Actually, the best way to speed up your Storm is to return it while you still can and buy a Curve or Bold LOL.
    12-25-08 11:59 PM
    no what im saying is they may not get the keyword right... i was in situations where I'd be looking for something in the search engine and couldn't find it.
    12-25-08 11:59 PM
    ive been in that situation also...point taken. Now i think we've said all we can about this.
    12-26-08 12:04 AM
    lol now please flame on [off]?
    12-26-08 12:06 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ul...s-only-100612/

if you look at the first post in this thread you will see this "tip" listed. All Storm users should read this first as it answers MANY of the questions that are asked on the forum. If you would have done this, you wouldnt have started this thread
    12-26-08 12:13 AM
    To the original poster: I know you don't understand all of this now, but sometime later, after you've finished with puberty, you will look back and realize just how right we all were, and just how wrong you are. Now carry on, and good luck with your grown up swearing and your precarious pontifications.
    12-26-08 12:20 AM
    After I hit puberty? That's mature.
    12-26-08 12:23 AM
    For an easier way to close the program....

While in the program just hold down the back key for 2 seconds and it will exit the program and take you to the homescreen.
    Not true for all apps. When running Live Messenger I tried holding the back key. While it did take me to the home screen, it did not exit the program. I have to sign out and then exit in order to close properly.
    12-26-08 12:23 AM
    Pointless thread, but very entertaining. Thanks OP
    12-26-08 12:30 AM
    I thought it was extremely entertaining.

12-26-08 12:37 AM
    I got my Storm yesterday and I'm loving it. I have to admit I was a little shakey because it was running kinda slow. Then I finally figured out my problem.

For those of you that are going to be like - OMG he's just figuring out! Chill, a lot of people don't know about this.

When using any application, and I mean any application you need to close your program.
    And now your responding with.. what I do

But the truth is you don't. When you're done using an application you must hit the BB options button and hit close.

That way your applications won't continue running while you're doing something else. Allowing you Storm to run just as quick as mine.

Hope this helped, Post here with any concerns I'm willing to help.

Keep the negative feedback to yourself.
    ...Hahahaha
    That is your amazing trick? 10 good minutes into just browsing these forums and you would have figured that out.
    12-26-08 12:44 AM
    There are many ways to close down a application. Instead of going through the menu you can just hold down the back button.
    This doesn't always work. Some apps (for example AP mobile news) close only with the menu key. Don't know if there is another way.
    Last edited by Jascias; 12-26-08 at 12:50 AM.
    12-26-08 12:47 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD