Travelling for work in a non 3g area. I have a triangle symbol above the time on my home screen.

What is it for?

I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 07:53 PM
    Travelling for work in a non 3g area. I have a triangle symbol above the time on my home screen.

What is it for?

I believe it is a roaming indicator. But you shouldnt be charged as roaming (i think its pretty much just saying your using some other carriers tower).
    05-27-09 08:03 PM

What is it for?

The triangle shows that you are roaming from another tower than your home tower.

05-27-09 08:03 PM
    Thanks. Used to the R.

Feeskin middle of nowhere. My data card doesn't work either. Should have put 2 and 2 together.

05-27-09 08:09 PM
    05-27-09 09:04 PM
    Thanks. Used to the R.

Where exactly do u see an R? You should have batt and clock on the left; gps, reception, signal and bluetooth on the right (landscape mode). While roaming you will probably not have 1XEV, but rather just 1X...
    Still have no idea where the r would be?...
    05-27-09 11:21 PM
    even if you're in a non-3G area, you shouldn't have the roam indicator unless you're outside the coverage area of your plan. And since Verizon requires that you're on the newest Nationwide plan, you'd have to be outside of the U.S. to get the roam icon. The only thing you might get w/in the U.S. is "extended network", but that's only when you're in non-Verizon covered areas (and are using the local carrier towers).

I suggest *228, option 2, to update your roaming. That should work... unless you're in extended network or outside the U.S.
    05-28-09 01:56 AM
    I get the roam indicator whenever I have really low signal i.e. "sos" and I definately never left the UK so its just one of the functions of the phone, I would not worry about it
    05-28-09 04:59 AM
    even if you're in a non-3G area, you shouldn't have the roam indicator unless you're outside the coverage area of your plan. And since Verizon requires that you're on the newest Nationwide plan, you'd have to be outside of the U.S. to get the roam icon. The only thing you might get w/in the U.S. is "extended network", but that's only when you're in non-Verizon covered areas (and are using the local carrier towers).

I suggest *228, option 2, to update your roaming. That should work... unless you're in extended network or outside the U.S.
    a buddy of mine has a cabin up in middle/northern maine, and whenever we go up there four-wheelin i always see the triangle...i always just figured i was roaming, never good enough signal to do anything anyways so it didnt really bother me
    05-28-09 07:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD