Hello,
    In about a month, I will be visiting family in the US, and I would like to be able to use my already unlocked Storm 9530 (already on OS 5.0.0.328). So as to not incur roaming charges from Telus (Canada), I am planning on buying a SIM card for AT&T or T-Mobile PREPAID (I think these are my only options?). I am very confused on how to get this set up. I want to be able to make/receive calls, text messages, and use BB messenger and Windows Live Messenger. I have several questions:
    Do I have to install service books for AT&T or T-Mobile? What are service books?
    If I install service books for the US carrier, does this overwrite my Telus service books, or can I have them both?
    How do I know for sure that I am using the US GSM carrier and not roaming with Telus? What do I do to select the network I want?
    When I return to Canada, what needs to be done to switch back to Telus CDMA?
    I've read about many people having trouble with T-Mobile and the new 5.0 OS. Is this true, and if so, does AT&T work OK, or is there the same problem?
    Can I do data with a prepaid SIM card on AT&T or T-Mobile?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!
    10-28-09 04:09 PM
    I was recently in an area that had absolutely NO VZW signal. I call VZW, unlocked the phone and got an ATT prepaid card. It worked great, I have two numbers now, the ability to switch between the two networks on the fly. BUT! There is no way to enable to data connection or 3G on the prepaid. You would need a real contract card. I tried. Many times....
    10-28-09 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD