I bought a like new Storm which will ship soon. I'm wondering if there's any way to transfer the warranty to me? I've heard service providers like Verizon's warranty sticks with the original owner, but RIM will still warranty it even though it's transferred. Is this true, and what do I need for RIM to warranty it in case it breaks? The post I read that in was not clear and searches turned up nothing for me.
    03-24-09 10:07 PM
    Are you activating the phone with verizon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 10:11 PM
    I bought a like new Storm which will ship soon. I'm wondering if there's any way to transfer the warranty to me? I've heard service providers like Verizon's warranty sticks with the original owner, but RIM will still warranty it even though it's transferred. Is this true, and what do I need for RIM to warranty it in case it breaks? The post I read that in was not clear and searches turned up nothing for me.
    Warranty does not transfer to different accounts. If phone is in good condition tho and you have to see a tech, they can replace it for $50 fee. Last I heard, this is imposed by manufacturer not vzw.
    03-24-09 10:14 PM
    Warranty does not transfer to different accounts. If phone is in good condition tho and you have to see a tech, they can replace it for $50 fee. Last I heard, this is imposed by manufacturer not vzw.
    I am fairly sure that the manufactures warranty transfers with the device. Send an email to RIM. Worst they are going to say is no or it will cost $50 to transfer. I haven't actually been able to find any real warranty paperwork on their website ar all though.

03-24-09 10:21 PM
    they didn't charge me when i asked for a replacement and they did send me one - just received it today and i got the phone from my friend.
    03-24-09 10:22 PM
    Are you activating the phone with verizon?

No, I'm using Bell but only heard about Verizon and figured the policies can't be TOO different. Anyone know anything about Bell warranties?

they didn't charge me when i asked for a replacement and they did send me one - just received it today and i got the phone from my friend.
    What did you need to present them for a replacement? Just the phone, or did you need a copy of the original receipt?
    03-24-09 10:31 PM
    No, I'm using Bell but only heard about Verizon and figured the policies can't be TOO different. Anyone know anything about Bell warranties?

What did you need to present them for a replacement? Just the phone, or did you need a copy of the original receipt?
    i just talked on the phone, but then they said that the phone warranty comes with original owner - however after that, i called local store in Southcenter Mall - and they just requested sending the replacement from the warehouse and did not charge me anything.
    03-24-09 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD