I do not have have the Roxio Media Manager installed with my Desktop Manager (don't want it... tried it before and it was slow and annoying). However, when I plug my Storm up to my computer and go to My Computer, I am unable to access my phone's memory or my memory card... It shows two "removable disk" drives that should be them, but when I click on them it says to insert a disk into the drive...? Lastly, I have MTP off, mass storage mode on, and auto enable mass storage mode when connected is on. Fire away, any advice?

Brian
    Last edited by OriginalCrash; 06-16-09 at 12:11 PM.
    06-16-09 11:29 AM
    Set MTP to "on".
    06-16-09 11:31 AM
    I tried turning MTP on (leaving the other settings as they were), but that didn't work. I can access the files on my phone. My phone hooks up to my computer fine (I can access/update it in DM). But I just can't access the phone or memory card like a drive in My Computer...?

Brian
    06-16-09 11:47 AM
    try hooking it up and removing/re-installing your memory card whilst plugged in.. (be sure to have my computer open).. if not, maybe your compy needs a re-start?
    06-16-09 12:01 PM
    Nope. I've rebooted both my computer and my phone. I took the memory card out before I plugged my phone in and, interestingly enough, it still popped up F: and G: drives, same as always. When I put the memory card back in... no change.

Brian
    06-16-09 12:11 PM
    lastly... re-install your usb drives.. go into your system hardware.. uninstall you usb drives, restart, and re-install the drives

(I had this same issue and i ended up doing this)
    06-16-09 12:15 PM
    yeah i had the same problem. reinstall usb usually works.

to get the pics off the phone, i use Picasa.

It works great.
    06-16-09 01:56 PM
    Yeah i got this when I first got my storm. Just ininstall desktop manager and reinstall drivers. Then plug it in and make sure mass storage mode is on.
    06-16-09 01:57 PM
    Dang, I'm hitting myself for asking this (as I usually don't sound like such a technical noob ), but what do I need to do to reinstall the drivers? Thanks, guys.

Brian
    06-16-09 02:24 PM
    Dang, I'm hitting myself for asking this (as I usually don't sound like such a technical noob ), but what do I need to do to reinstall the drivers? Thanks, guys.

Brian
    my computer> right click: properties>hardware tab>device manager>>>>>

now scroll down to the universal serial bus drivers and expand the dropdown> right click on drivers used for your blackberry(i.e. blackberry smartphone or mtp etc etc....)>uninstall>REBOOT

go back to the device manager and right click on universal serial bus drivers> check for updates

if you get lost, i'll try to post pics (only if you get lost though)
    06-16-09 04:30 PM
    Do I need to do this with or without my Storm connected? I would think without, but I've attached a picture of my Device Manager and I don't see anything that should be it. I can't remember for sure, but yesterday when I had my phone plugged in I believe there was another entry under the USB controllers.

Brian

P.S. Post count isn't high enough to embed the image, so maybe PM me and I can send it to you...?
    06-17-09 11:16 AM
    Just to jump in, is there any way to move pictures or other data from the Storm's main memory to the storage card by using only the device? Or a way to view what is on the storage card or the device memory?
    06-17-09 12:41 PM
    Just to jump in, is there any way to move pictures or other data from the Storm's main memory to the storage card by using only the device? Or a way to view what is on the storage card or the device memory?

use a file explorer app like bbFileScout
    06-17-09 01:05 PM
    Anyone got any more advice on what I need to do to reinstall the usb drivers? Do I just need to have my Storm plugged in for it to show up? Or should it be showing up in device manager all the time? That and I figure the sooner I get to ten posts, the sooner I can post a picture...

Brian
    06-17-09 09:03 PM
    Bump... Anyone?

Brian
    06-19-09 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD