So last night I tried to transfer a video file to a friend's WM phone via bluetooth, but every time we tried to connect to eachother's phone, it would ask for the passcode. Is there a way to change my phone's bluetooth pass code? Or at least find out what it is?
    01-18-09 06:14 AM
    when i connected my storm with my macbookpro, both devices required that i put in some arbitrary pin number, but the key was that both devices needed that arbitrary pin number so it knows that it isnt some outside party trying to get in via bluetooth. I have NO idea if that was helpful, but i hope it was.

just pick a number and do it twice.
    01-18-09 06:39 AM
    I think you can just use 0000 as the passcode. Thats what I always use and it works. That's for both phones.
    01-18-09 01:18 PM
    U can use any 4digits it just confirms thr connection so people don't Jack into ur phone and steal info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 01:59 PM
    0000 is default setting for all bluetooth devices
    01-18-09 02:01 PM
    I may be wrong, but I think as long as you both use the same code it will work.... Like a secret Knock... At least that is how it workd for me last nite.
    01-18-09 05:58 PM
    It's kind of a handshake. You just need to enter the same code on both ends. However, if the other device doesn't let you specify it, it's 0000 as people have said or whatever it says in the devices manual.
    01-18-09 08:30 PM
    in addition, with certain models , it may say it didn't connect.. so just keep trying. with certain LG phones i've tried up to 3 times .. plus a battery pull .. and then it works.
    01-18-09 09:26 PM
    thx for the info
    01-19-09 12:41 AM
    thx for the info

just out of curiosity were you able to transfer the video and how big was it... I can't seem to get mine to do it
    01-19-09 02:33 AM
    I transferred a half hour Honeymooners episode to my brothers Storm and it took about 2 hours +. Surely not the quickest way to transfer files, thats for sure...
    01-19-09 05:28 AM
    Like they said, 0000 is the default passcode. Pretty much both of you have to input the same number as the passcode so that your devices "pair".

I've had some trouble recognizing other devices with my storm though :/

Just today, my storm wasn't able to locate an LG Dare, even though the Dare had clearly initiated bluetooth, and was definitely within its "discoverable" time. The Dare however quickly located my storm. Unless it's another blackberry, my storm doesn't seem to feel like discovering bluetooth devices. Favoritism?
    01-19-09 05:35 AM
    I just sent a song from my BB to this kid I work with's crazy no name japanese phone that he bought off of ebay for like 20 bucks. Anyhow, It worked well, if not for this thread I wouldnt have known to put the same numbers in, he knew what numbers he needed for his code, but I didnt know what I needed. So through here I figured that out. Its just a pretty slow process, probably took about 2 or 3 min to send a 4 min song over to him. So I feel its good for something small like that. I certainly wouldnt have the patience to wait 2 hours to send a video back and forth.
    01-19-09 08:58 AM
    it would be easier if you are going to transfer larger items to put it on your card move it on a comp and then transfer it to their card... bluetooth is nice to use as a transfer medium but only use it to move a song or picture or even a small file.
    01-28-09 12:43 AM
    Can I transfer pics via BlueTooth from my Vaio to my Curve?
    01-28-09 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD