so i planned on sending my curve back to retain my ne2 however it was run over by a vehicle last night and unless i can somehow convince verizon to take the insurance replacement one back instead of the original i'm SOL! looks like i'm waiting till september of next year for that annual upgrade although hopefuly price will drop a bit and maybe a "red hot deals days" will pop up at the same time my annual!
    talk about bad luck!
    09-29-08 10:29 PM
    so i planned on sending my curve back to retain my ne2 however it was run over by a vehicle last night and unless i can somehow convince verizon to take the insurance replacement one back instead of the original i'm SOL! looks like i'm waiting till september of next year for that annual upgrade although hopefuly price will drop a bit and maybe a "red hot deals days" will pop up at the same time my annual!
    talk about bad luck!
    Ouch...you have my sympathy.
    09-29-08 10:53 PM
    talk about bad luck!

Man, I hope everything works out for you
    09-29-08 11:03 PM
    Wow! Thats the first time I have heard of a Berry being ran over! Especially not on purpose!
    09-30-08 12:07 AM
    WOW, sorry to hear that Hope everything workout for you.
    09-30-08 12:14 AM
    Wow. Sorry to hear about that. That sucks
    09-30-08 12:22 AM
    Wow! Thats the first time I have heard of a Berry being ran over! Especially not on purpose!
    well i was bumped by the car phone fell out and then was ran over.

does anyone know the likelyhood of this working, i am essentially replacing the equipment that was provided to me.
    09-30-08 12:51 AM
    I don't see why not, end result is you return a mint condition BB back to Verizon which they can restock it.
    09-30-08 01:07 AM
    Dang, that's a tricky situation......watch out for cars! Best of luck to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-08 01:27 AM
    lets just hope the bastards at asurion get the phone to me by wed otherwise i'll lose it no matter what!
    09-30-08 01:31 AM
    Why would they take back a used insurance replacement? It won't happen.

Your best bet is to get an insurance replacement and try to sell it on Craiglist or ebay.
    09-30-08 01:36 AM
    Why would they take back a used insurance replacement? It won't happen.

Your best bet is to get an insurance replacement and try to sell it on Craiglist or ebay.
    why woud they take back a used phone they sent me 30 days ago? what's the difference to them if it's a different esn than the one on the box they rebox them anyhow.
    09-30-08 02:23 AM
    How bad was the Damage? It probably looks better than the one I found Lying in the Street for Weeks. Here's what it Looks Like:
    09-30-08 02:42 AM
    why woud they take back a used phone they sent me 30 days ago? what's the difference to them if it's a different esn than the one on the box they rebox them anyhow.
    Because you have to bring it back in "like new condition." You'll be getting a refurb back.
    09-30-08 02:52 AM
    Because you have to bring it back in "like new condition." You'll be getting a refurb back.
    they refurb the ones you send back to corporate. i asked specifically as mine had a chip in the paint and they said there was no problem with that. i'll call tomorrow when cust service opens and make them the offer, crossing my fingers but not counting on anything.
    09-30-08 03:38 AM
    I'm usually not one to complain about this, but I don't think this should be in the storm forum. I wasted a good 30 seconds of my life that I'll never get back by thinking I was going to read more info about the storm
    09-30-08 10:34 AM
    Awe sorry to hear hope something works out for you have faith
    09-30-08 10:41 AM
    bad news: got my insurance phone it's a chinese hong kong bootleg market phone, the back plate doesn't even have anything protecting the camera!
    good news: getting OEM in box brand new phone after calling and asking what the deal was
    bad news: vzw won't even take a brand new oem in box phone back and give me my ne2 back. looks like i won't be getting a storm till next year i guess. >8-(

* edit
    do any other carriers offer a 30 day test drive?
    i could sell an in box phone for a few hundred, pay termination fee, port out and then back in when storm gets released.
    >8-) perhaps i should explain that to customer service and ask them to save me the hassle.
    Last edited by crescent; 10-01-08 at 04:17 PM.
    10-01-08 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD