Ok Storm users. Got a question. I currently have the Tour. I like it alright, but have had some trackball issues and the idea of a touchscreen is appealing to me. (internet browsing, watching videos etc.) I purchased my Tour 3 weeks ago, so I am getting close to the trial period being over. Is there any reason for me to pick up a Storm 1 now, with the 2 on the horizon? (Other than the fact that my trial will be over and I would have to pay full reatil for the 2.) Are the Storm in stores now improved from the disastrous problems of the first batches? Thanks for any help or advice.
    08-26-09 04:30 PM
    well the storm launched with .65, upgraded to .75 and now is up to .148 as far as approved carrier supported software, in my experience the storm now is as good as any other berry available, with minimal bugs that are serverly service impacting...so i'd say yes, it has overcome the adversity of the launch so far
    08-26-09 04:35 PM
    I would just go for the Storm! They're pretty stable now and I'm not really that impressed with the difference between the Storm and Storm 2 (although Wifi would be nice).
    08-26-09 04:39 PM
    I would go for the Storm. Like the poster above there really isn't anything the S2 has that I'd ditch my S1 for. The .151 OS is stable. I don't have any problems.
    08-26-09 04:51 PM
    I have had the storm since jan. And have only run official OS's on it, I love this phone! I did however buy the tour foe my wife 4 days ago and have had no probs with it. I still like my storm better. Bigger screen and I like the touch better than the ball. I would not worry about storm bugs its pretty stable...I really like the tour but I would not trade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 04:54 PM
    unless the storm 2 comes with a laundry list of features that are not available on my storm, or a vastly improved processing capacity, i'm keeping the storm, that is if i don't ditch RIM completely this fall/xmas time
    08-26-09 04:55 PM
    unless the storm 2 comes with a laundry list of features that are not available on my storm, or a vastly improved processing capacity, i'm keeping the storm, that is if i don't ditch RIM completely this fall/xmas time
    And go with what?

08-26-09 05:06 PM
    you know what, i have no clue...it won't be the tour, i'll see what's available around xmas when my 12 month annual upgrade is available, i might end up keeping the storm until something better comes out, but so far the storm 2 hasn't done much to turn me on or get me hyped for its launch...it's like the chocolate 3 or whatever it was...it's just a new form factor compared to the storm 2...or like the voyager vs the enV touch...they're the same basically...
    08-26-09 05:10 PM
    Storm is my first smart phone and now I'm hooked on BB I like the tour but would never give up the screen size of a touch screen. I also feel that even the smartest LG is a dumb phone even though they are built well and reliable.

08-26-09 05:21 PM
    Just to give you an idea: I've been a BlackBerry user for almost 3 years, with various devices. When the Storm first came out, I played around with a few friends' devices and hated the interface; sluggish and frustrating to deal with from a Curve owner's perspective. The touch interface felt very "bolted on" and not smoothed out. I couldn't get the landscape typing down to save my life. I swore off the Storm. I'm guessing this was around the .75 OS era.

Cut to a month+ ago, when I was playing with the device again. Running with .148 was a completely different experience, so much so that I was wondered how I could have been wrong about the device. Rather, it was that much improved. I could easily type in landscape mode (and was up to speed on it very quickly); I liked the interface and it flowed much better. I liked it enough to switch from a Bold to a Storm. I loaded it up with the .151 OS first (and then later to lyricidal's hybrid). Performance was even better.

Looking at the Storm 2, aside from looking a little better, and probably some under the hood changes (such as in the screen), nothing is screaming at me to wait for the phone. It just doesn't seem like that big a leap from the Storm (which I paid $49.95 for).

That's my experience. As always, YMMV.
    08-26-09 05:58 PM
    I would say go for the storm. I did the same thing you are thinking about(swapping phones). The phone is light years better with the new firmware and also it will be alittle cheaper for ya.
    08-26-09 06:54 PM
    Normally I would say wait for the storm 2, but since your hands are tied with the 30 day rule, I say go to the Storm 1
    08-26-09 06:59 PM
    Storm now. You wont regret it.

08-27-09 07:05 AM
    The Storm is much better now, I say go for it!
    08-27-09 08:01 AM
    The storm is great now. Maybe I just always want the latest and greatest... Cut I would say ur sooo close to the s2 coming out I would wait. The only thing wrong with the s1 is hardware issues... U shouldent have to worry about dust under the screen of the s2.....

08-27-09 08:19 AM
    Not to bash the Tour in no way shape or form I heard more good then bad. But the Storm....I've owned since Dec 24th and loaded all the OS from .75 and now on .151 The phone is amazing and can only get better as it has through the times. Storm 2 looks alright but seeing how your pressed for time go for it!
    08-27-09 08:49 AM
    I love my Storm. I like the Tour too but the keyboard seems really small. The only thing I hate about the Storm is the click screen. I am on my 3rd one now but I wouldn't trade it for anything else....at least right now.
    08-27-09 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD