I have heard positive feedback on both of these methods on the forums here. In my understanding it seems like the screw fix is more permanent and less harmful if it is done properly. For anyone that has tried both what are your thoughts? Also, where did you get the TORX screwdrivers? All your help is greatly appreciated.
    Edit:I just came across this new fix.(The Clean Way to Fix Screen Click Issues) If anyone has tried this fix I would also like to compare this one with the other 2.
    Last edited by stormaddict13; 03-19-09 at 07:57 PM.
    03-19-09 03:38 PM
    I did a combo of both and it's perfect for me (results may vary) Foam pad plus a screw turn 1/4 counterclockwise.
    Was too lazy to go to a hardware or electronics store. I just ordered mine from CDW
    03-19-09 03:41 PM
    My screen click is awesome, but is it normal for the screen to slightly move back and forth if you shake the phone. Its not alot but I can hear it if I rapidly shake the phone.
    03-19-09 03:43 PM
    My screen click is awesome, but is it normal for the screen to slightly move back and forth if you shake the phone. Its not alot but I can hear it if I rapidly shake the phone.
    It has to be able to move slightly because it clicks, but when I shake it I faintly can here it.
    03-19-09 03:45 PM
    Mine does it slightly too. Guessing it's part of the design flaw like the light creeping out and dust getting under the screen
    03-19-09 03:47 PM
    I'm not a hw engineer but being able to hear the screen when you shake the phone just doesn't seem right. But what do I know?
    03-19-09 03:51 PM
    I'm not a hw engineer but being able to hear the screen when you shake the phone just doesn't seem right. But what do I know?
    There are clear films available that stop this. I forget what they are called but they are somewhere in the forums.
    03-19-09 03:53 PM
    There are clear films available that stop this. I forget what they are called but they are somewhere in the forums.
    Thanks but I already have BodyGuardz and a holster. I just avoid shaking my phone
    03-19-09 03:55 PM
    why would you need to shake your phone anyway?
    03-19-09 04:03 PM
    why would you need to shake your phone anyway?
    No reason except to hear the screen move...
    03-19-09 04:06 PM
    No reason except to hear the screen move...
    I don't really think it matters much but i see where you are coming from.
    03-19-09 04:11 PM
    Take a look at the body guardz or whatever they are called.
    03-19-09 04:25 PM
    Take a look at the body guardz or whatever they are called.
    Bodyguardz are for scratch protection. Won't stop you from hearing the screen

I'm not aware of any screen protector that stops the noise
    03-19-09 04:34 PM
    Bodyguardz are for scratch protection. Won't stop you from hearing the screen

I'm not aware of any screen protector that stops the noise
    They are little clear laminate things that you put where your chrome is. Go to GrafiXpressions - Express yourself in vinyl form!... to check them out.
    03-19-09 04:51 PM
    Screw fix is Good but combo of both is Supreme!
    03-19-09 04:53 PM
    I've done the combo and the screen could not click better. It feels good and it has a loud audible noise kinda like on the commercials. It also clicks evenly all over the screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 05:16 PM
    ok well ive tried both and they both seem the same but i prefer the screw method because putting stuff in the back of my phone cause the battery cover to buldge and i didnt want it to permanently bend, intead of using a torx screwdriver i used the flat head screw driver that comes in those eye glass repair kits and it fit perfectly and did not damage or strip the screws at all
    03-19-09 06:00 PM
    ok well ive tried both and they both seem the same but i prefer the screw method because putting stuff in the back of my phone cause the battery cover to buldge and i didnt want it to permanently bend, intead of using a torx screwdriver i used the flat head screw driver that comes in those eye glass repair kits and it fit perfectly and did not damage or strip the screws at all
    My only problem with the foam was that the space bar in suretype mode barely clicked. Has this been a problem for you?
    03-19-09 06:03 PM
    where can you buy the felt pads?
    03-19-09 07:34 PM
    where can you buy the felt pads?
    You can get them at Lowes. Just ask someone that works there where the felt pads are. They are used on tabletops and stuff.
    03-19-09 07:39 PM
    I tried the screw fix and it seemed to help a little bit but after a few days I could tell when typing that something still wasn't right. When typing in landscape mode I couldn't type fast and had many errors. Tried the paper trick under the battery but it didn't fix it either. So I came up with my own twist on the foam pad fix. I used little squares of black electrical tape and used them like the foam pad fix. Added one and it still wasn't feeling right. Added two more (one at a time on top of each other, checking after each one) and found that three of them was the perfect fit. Now I can type much faster and have fewer errors!
    03-19-09 07:40 PM
    03-19-09 07:43 PM
    My only problem with the foam was that the space bar in suretype mode barely clicked. Has this been a problem for you?
    it was a problem with the foam pad fix but with the screw fix my whole screen clicks perfectly, but u have to find the perfect turn because all of the storms are different
    03-19-09 08:10 PM
    Sounds like it would actually work nicely. I will try this one before I do the screw fix. Thanks.
    03-19-09 08:10 PM
    it was a problem with the foam pad fix but with the screw fix my whole screen clicks perfectly, but u have to find the perfect turn because all of the storms are different
    Awesome. If the sticker trick doesn't work then I am doing this one.
    03-19-09 08:12 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD