I am waiting patiently on my storm to come (crossing fingers for 15th) but as I was surfing the net 2 min ago I read this.
    There is so much drama about the storm being bad and I've realized there is no need to argue about it everyone feels differently.
    But alot of comments were about the iphone being better and not having that many troubles. So i thought it was funny when I read this:

Apple iPhone

Don�t get us wrong, it�s not a bad product, but the hype that preceded the iPhone�s release set the bar impossibly high for the poor thing. Forget about shepherds turning up at a manger, the iPhone had hip Apple fans all over the country camping out for days to get their hands on one. Despite a relatively smooth launch, the original iPhone still had a number of huge disappointments waiting in store for the less-than-faithful who weren�t willing to overlook them, like pitifully slow EDGE Internet that rendered the slick browser less than useful, and a clunky abomination of a keyboard that irks us to this day.

and here is the actual link to see the other items:
    Top 10 Most Overhyped Tech Products - Tech Reviews - Yahoo! Canada Tech
    12-08-08 12:04 PM
    I actually agree with all of those.
    12-08-08 12:07 PM
    yah me too lol , very accurate lol
    12-08-08 12:11 PM
    It's so funny that everyone seems to have forgotten this. ENDLESS posts when the Storm launched about how VZW screwed up, this phone sucks, iphone blah blah blah. It seems as though most of those idiots have washed out by now.
    12-08-08 12:14 PM
    Agreed on all accounts....other than Vista....it's not great and right now I *THINK* it's giving me BB DM compatibility issues but otherwise if you have the RAM I like it.

Macbook air? Eh, it's a good theory, but the lack of CD drive kinda makes it pointless?
    12-08-08 12:18 PM
    Oh thank you for this!! Haha I can use this against my ***** friends who love the PS3 and The I Phone haha.
    12-08-08 12:22 PM
    I agree as well...

However, it is a Yahoo Canadian site. Those crazy Canucks will defend Molson and Blackberry's until the bitter end.
    12-08-08 12:26 PM
    I bought a MacBook Air, and then got home, played with it, and returned it, didn't like it, way too flimsy.
    12-08-08 12:30 PM
    It's so funny that everyone seems to have forgotten this. ENDLESS posts when the Storm launched about how VZW screwed up, this phone sucks, iphone blah blah blah. It seems as though most of those idiots have washed out by now.
    The Storm DID have problems when it was first launched but most of the people who bought one had no clue how to use it. Most had never used a BlackBerry before. Actually some seemed never to have used any other kind of phone before either...
    12-08-08 12:35 PM
    the incessant waves of negative Storm posts on forums across the world at release = the incessant waves of negative iPhone posts on forums across the world at release.

Good find.
    12-08-08 12:35 PM
    Agree with all
    12-08-08 12:37 PM
    The Storm DID have problems when it was first launched but most of the people who bought one had no clue how to use it. Most had never used a BlackBerry before. Actually some seemed never to have used any other kind of phone before either...

Nobody is disputing the Storm had some issues...the point is there were endless comparisons to the iphone of TODAY and nobody seemed to remember that the iphone had just as many issues when it launched as well.
    12-08-08 12:38 PM
    I agree when I played with a storm I was just dumb!
    I couldn't work it properly.
    That's why I been reading up on it and the comments and will be taking the 1hour training from Telus so hopefully that will help me.
    Sometimes it is just the user but I agree that the phone isn't perfect either.

12-08-08 12:38 PM
    Just like any new release in a line of products, there are always going to be some bumps. With RIM releasing the Storm 6 months before it was anticipated (WTG marketing dept.) the OS had some flaws. Some considered major, some not. It appears that alot of the "kinks" have been worked out in recent OS updates.

What I would like to know is, how many long-time BB users switched (or just flat out purchased) a Storm and have had a chance to run it through the ringers? What's your opinion?

BTW - I had the same issues when I bought my Flip...."OMG! what's RIM doing developing a flip phone?!? What a piece of crap..yada yada yada.

For those of you whow can't make a educated judgement about something, keep your condensending comments to yourself. Just because you may be bias to a certain model, it doesn't make it the ONLY one.

Then again, I've been wrong before...
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 12-09-08 at 08:44 AM.
    12-08-08 12:50 PM
    very good list. I found it funny that I am using a Zune as I read about the Zune being a dud lol. I LOVE my Zune. Paying 14.99 a month to download unlimited music is a dream, plus now they let you keep 10 non DRMed Songs. So its like buying a CD a month and getting an extra 50 to listen to. I like my Zune a lot, and I think it does everything the Ipod classic does but better. But its all opinion.
    12-08-08 01:14 PM
    It wasn't that they were "duds" as much as just overhyped. Zune's a good product, just not the OMFG WTF IS THAT AWESOME DEVICE?!?! status that MS touted it to be ;-p
    12-08-08 01:16 PM
    Don't Trust the Canadians!

They Never Took Responsibilty for Releasing Celine Dion into the Wild!

12-08-08 01:18 PM
    Is there a statistic on how many Storm purchasers were new to BB? I'd love to see that vs. experienced BB users. I find that a lot of the posts bashing the BB in these forums also had "New to Blackberry" somewhere in their posts.
    12-08-08 01:37 PM
    The problem isn't about the products themselves, i guess all those products are Great Products. The problem is that The Marketing Guys are pressed to create BIG expectations, on products that seriously marketed would be OK. I use Vista, It's the most extraordinary piece of Softwares ever made for a desktop, and yet there are ignorants who say it's bad just because they dont use service paks.
    12-09-08 08:41 AM
    The problem isn't about the products themselves, i guess all those products are Great Products. The problem is that The Marketing Guys are pressed to create BIG expectations, on products that seriously marketed would be OK. I use Vista, It's the most extraordinary piece of Softwares ever made for a desktop, and yet there are ignorants who say it's bad just because they dont use service paks.
    I'm far from a Microsoft fanboi, but I think there are a lot of people who bash Vista without ever having used it. I've been running Vista for at least 18 months and it works great.

As for the rest of that list, it makes you wonder what happened during product development. Did the marketing guys get carried away or did the development team realize they couldn't get where they wanted to go?
    12-09-08 09:00 AM
    It'll be funny when a year or two down the road someone claims the Crapberry Storm as one of the 10 most over-hyped products of the decade, with using pieces of paper or credit cards to make the damn thing click, laggy performance, crappy accelerometer response, buggy OS, random crashes and reboots, lost applications, falling off "end call" buttons, click screen that doesn't click in all corners, slow camera response, problems with video playback, crappy phone app, removing as many programs as possible just to get the phone semi-responsive, battery pulls as protocol to make the thing responsive, and Verizon holding units back from sale to create an artificial frenzy and sell-out to garner iPhone like attention, but on a positive note, I heard that when you lose all smartphone functionality on the device because it's bricked, you could use it as a magnet... That's cool, right?
    12-09-08 10:26 AM
    It'll be funny when a year or two down the road someone claims the Crapberry Storm as one of the 10 most over-hyped products of the decade, with using pieces of paper or credit cards to make the damn thing clickmine works great, laggy performance no issues with mine, crappy accelerometer response Is a blink of a eye slow to you?, buggy OS once again no issues , random crashesnever had this problem and reboots no probs for me, lost applicationsall mine are still there, falling off "end call" buttons mine look pretty sturdy, click screen that doesn't click in all corners no problems with mine, slow camera response mine works perfect, problems with video playback my video plays fine, crappy phone app dont know what u mean by that , removing as many programs as possible just to get the phone semi-responsive Every thing is still loaded on mine, battery pulls as protocol to make the thing responsive I only did 1 so far, and Verizon holding units back from sale to create an artificial frenzy and sell-out to garner iPhone like attention, but on a positive note, I heard that when you lose all smartphone functionality on the device because it's bricked, you could use it as a magnet... That's cool, right?

The only problems I've had over the last few days of owning mine was a dropped call
    and a sim card reject problem that I fixed by changing some settings and doing a battery pull.
    Have you used a storm and had these issues because I'm getting the feeling that u just glanced at forums and drew your conclusions from there
    Last edited by BlackCobra95; 12-09-08 at 11:14 AM.
    12-09-08 11:12 AM
    The only problems I've had over the last few days of owning mine was a dropped call
    and a sim card reject problem that I fixed by changing some settings and doing a battery pull.
    Have you used a storm and had these issues because I'm getting the feeling that u just glanced at forums and drew your conclusions from there
    Are you insinuating that the problems posted on this forum are false, and not actual problems with the Storm? At this point, there have been so many negative reviews and posts on this product, that one doesn't have to use the damn thing to form an opinion. The Storm, with all its publicity, speaks for itself in terms of quality.

Put it this way, I never drove a Ford Pinto. But I know that the Pintos were incredibly unsafe, and had the tendency to burst into flames when involved in rear-end accidents. The Storm is much like the Pinto in the cell phone industry.

The only people who try to puff up the Storm are the Crackberry users in this forum. Outside of the padded walls of this forum, the Storm is considered a joke.
    12-09-08 11:52 AM
    I don't think I've seen one person with a MacBook Air, ever. Cool idea but I didn't think they would really sell when I first heard about it and so far I'm right from what I've seen.

I too run Vista and have no problems. People said the same thing about XP when it came out too when debating whether to move from Windows 2000. Eventually everyone will migrate it's just a matter of time. But personally I have no problems with Vista people just have it built into them to have gripes with a new OS no matter what.
    12-09-08 11:56 AM
    It'll be funny when a year or two down the road someone claims the Crapberry Storm as one of the 10 most over-hyped products of the decade, with using pieces of paper or credit cards to make the damn thing click, laggy performance, crappy accelerometer response, buggy OS, random crashes and reboots, lost applications, falling off "end call" buttons, click screen that doesn't click in all corners, slow camera response, problems with video playback, crappy phone app, removing as many programs as possible just to get the phone semi-responsive, battery pulls as protocol to make the thing responsive, and Verizon holding units back from sale to create an artificial frenzy and sell-out to garner iPhone like attention, but on a positive note, I heard that when you lose all smartphone functionality on the device because it's bricked, you could use it as a magnet... That's cool, right?

At least we CAN pull the batteries! I had forgotten how perfect the iPhone has been all along, silly me....hahahahahahahahaha!!!
    12-09-08 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD