Really great picture. How does it look when you zoom up on the figure in the light? Pretty awesome?
    *cough* Photoshoped like a MOTHERFr *cough*

you know...its one thing to try and be cool. But to photoshop anything involving religion is just plain wrong.

I'm with the other guy, suprised you didn't post your ebay listing of mary appearing in your scrambled eggs.

There are websites for this kind of crap, and its not here...

N00b!
    09-09-09 05:15 AM
    *cough* Photoshoped like a MOTHERFr *cough*

you know...its one thing to try and be cool. But to photoshop anything involving religion is just plain wrong.
    Don't you just hate it when guys/gals do that!

I'm with the other guy, suprised you didn't post your ebay listing of mary appearing in your scrambled eggs.

N00b!
    I could think of worse names to call him......This was really uncalled for!
    09-09-09 08:55 AM
    Only one post on the forum, huh? I'm surprised you didn't use up the first one to post a link to your auction on ebay where your breakfast toast and eggs form the likeness of something similar...
    ROFL, I just love those Jesus Toast auctions
    09-09-09 09:01 AM
    Oy, what a bunch of .... If the guy was posting a link to an ebay site for the toast and photo sale then i might beleve it was photoshopped. But come on, hardly socable to call the guy names when he took a nice shot with his Storm. Looks to me like someone was setting up a shot of their friend/significant other standing in the sunlight beam in the bassilica. Then the photographer (on the right of the photo) knealed down to get an upward angle shot of the person and the light. The OP's photo is of the scene, just at 90 degrees from the other photographers. I would love to see the photo taken by the guy kneeling.... that may be a nice shot too. You can see another photographer to the left of the person in the light beam taking a picture of the scene too. Looks like there are about 4 or 5 other people taking pictures in the area too. looks like a nice picture, and thats all. Nothing "Spiritual" or "Mystical" at all.
    Last edited by Falling; 09-09-09 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Typo's someday i will learn
    09-09-09 10:12 AM
    the EXIF data shows this as authentic, great pic
    09-09-09 10:22 AM
    This is a pic I took last week while visiting St. Peters Basillica ( The Vatican) in Rome. I took the picture to capture the rays of sunlight coming in throught the dome windows and concidently caught someone or something under the light, people have said it looks like an angel or diety with someone nealing before it. Take a look and give me your thoughts.
    Great pic (aside from the lower quality inherent in phone cameras)! Nothing special about the someone in the light thing, just someone posing for a picture it looks like, but it does kinda look like an angel.
    09-09-09 11:08 AM
    I don't think a lot of viewers took the time to enlarge it to see the photoshop of the angel

Out of all bbs the Storm takes the most amazing pics.
    09-09-09 11:15 AM
    Very nice pic.
    09-09-09 11:38 AM
    Nice photograph. The bloom of light coming off the figure does lead to a slightly unearthly feel to the subject, though that's to be expected with localized light hitting an object posistioned in a darker surrounding.

As one commenter pointed out, the light reflecting off the highly polished floor does resemble a cross. The secondary "figure" to the right might be light bouncing off a column, or the sculpture of the cherubs. It could be motion too - someone in white moving by, creating a motion trail caused by a slower shutter speed.

but enough about discection - it's a very nice picture, and I'm sure it'll be treasured as a fond memory of your trip.

Just as a side-note, I wonder how the photograph the woman in green in the foreground took, came out. It'd be interesting to compare.
    09-09-09 12:13 PM
    That's a pretty cool pic for a camera phone. If only I could do that with mine.
    09-09-09 03:54 PM
    Nice picture..
    09-09-09 04:52 PM
    Nice Pics.
    09-09-09 05:40 PM
    Yeah, it's obvious that someone was posing for a pic in the middle of the beam of light, on purpose, and others were taking pics of this person totally glowing in the light. I'm sure the op was aware that someone was in the middle of that big glow.
    09-09-09 10:08 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD