Ive been (un)patiently waiting for my Storm since Friday when I ordered it over the phone and Ive been going crazy waiting for this thing to get here already!! I sold my Curve on Saturday night and have been berry-less since then and am going thru some major berry withdrawls. I have been using a crappy old Samsung UH740 flip phone. I dont think I could ever go back to a regular cell phone after having pda's for the past year. Anyway, I went to my Verizon store on Monday and got to play with a Storm for a good hour. Im kinda sick of reading about everyone complaining about the lag, I was expecting that since day one! Its a brand new release people, there will be some things wrong with the phone and Im perfectly fine with that cause I know it will be cured with a simple OS upgrade. I am already set and have dl'd the OS to my laptop if I decide to do some memory opt. and have also upgraded to DM 4.7 I will be at work today from 11-9 so I did the smart thing when I ordered the phone and had them ship it to my work address instead of my home. Looks like I will be getting a whole lot of nothing done today at work lol. It is scheduled to arrive before 7 PM EST which really feels like an eternity from now, but I guess its a lot better then waiting since Friday. While I was at Verizon on Monday, I picked up a white gel skin, and I also ordered the dock and a leather belt holdster from telesales on Monday...I think the dock and leather case came out to $41 shipped with my VIP discount and the gel skin came out to $9 and change. Let the countdown begin...I cant wait to just sit around all day tommorow watching football, eating lots of food and playing with my new toy Ive been reading the forums a lot the past few days trying to gear up for when I get the phone and the first thing Im gonna do is delete VZ Nav and VVM, then check to see if I have the screen click problem around the edges. Anyone else have any suggestions on what I should do besides for completely ignore everyone and play with my phone while at work when it arrives?
    11-26-08 06:48 AM
    FedEx states the same thing for my Storm - Estimated Delivery Nov 26 by 7PM.

I asked my wife to skip a day of shopping and wait home for the delivery which she said for a pair of shoes she would. This Storm is costing me more each day and I still dont have it
    11-26-08 07:06 AM
    I ordered mine last night. I am exchanging my curve from it's 30 day guarentee for the storm. I stopped into a VZW stor last night, had a chance to play with a Storm. Ordered mine and it will ship by Dec 9th (or maybe sooner). The store told me that they would probably not have any in the stores until January !!!WOW.
    The store allowed me to keep my curve until the storm comes in. All I have to do is bring the curve into the store with the storm when I get it vua Fedex and have them swap it out. Cant wait till I get mine.
    11-26-08 07:06 AM
    Mine is also coming today! But....just occurred to me that I also ordered some screen protectors and I hope that is not what my tracking number is for. It would be a bummer to open the package to find those only and no phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 07:10 AM
    Great you guys! I know you're going to have a blast with your Storm.
    11-26-08 07:12 AM
    Awesome! I got mine last night and had to make myself go to bed lol

It does take a little getting used to, but it's well worth it!

Enjoy!!
    11-26-08 07:36 AM
    Ive been (un)patiently waiting for my Storm since Friday when I ordered it over the phone and Ive been going crazy waiting for this thing to get here already!! I sold my Curve on Saturday night and have been berry-less since then and am going thru some major berry withdrawls. I have been using a crappy old Samsung UH740 flip phone. I dont think I could ever go back to a regular cell phone after having pda's for the past year. Anyway, I went to my Verizon store on Monday and got to play with a Storm for a good hour. Im kinda sick of reading about everyone complaining about the lag, I was expecting that since day one! Its a brand new release people, there will be some things wrong with the phone and Im perfectly fine with that cause I know it will be cured with a simple OS upgrade. I am already set and have dl'd the OS to my laptop if I decide to do some memory opt. and have also upgraded to DM 4.7 I will be at work today from 11-9 so I did the smart thing when I ordered the phone and had them ship it to my work address instead of my home. Looks like I will be getting a whole lot of nothing done today at work lol. It is scheduled to arrive before 7 PM EST which really feels like an eternity from now, but I guess its a lot better then waiting since Friday. While I was at Verizon on Monday, I picked up a white gel skin, and I also ordered the dock and a leather belt holdster from telesales on Monday...I think the dock and leather case came out to $41 shipped with my VIP discount and the gel skin came out to $9 and change. Let the countdown begin...I cant wait to just sit around all day tommorow watching football, eating lots of food and playing with my new toy Ive been reading the forums a lot the past few days trying to gear up for when I get the phone and the first thing Im gonna do is delete VZ Nav and VVM, then check to see if I have the screen click problem around the edges. Anyone else have any suggestions on what I should do besides for completely ignore everyone and play with my phone while at work when it arrives?
    Gosh thats a long post. Theres no way I'm reading that.
    11-26-08 07:43 AM
    Well I finally got mine on Sun. I have to say it does lag every now and then but i'm loving it! Came from a treo 700w to this. Congrats on getting yours today!!
    11-26-08 07:44 AM
    i know how ya feel, i was the same way yesterday. and now i can't put the damn thing down!
    11-26-08 07:45 AM
    It's 7:53am where I'm at...and I'm camped out on my couch because I don't want to miss the Fed-ex man when he comes knocking on my door. My phone arrived at the local facility at 7:16am...I wonder what time they start delivering?
    11-26-08 07:56 AM
    Gosh thats a long post. Theres no way I'm reading that.
    cliffs notes:
    Ordered phone on Fri- $249.99
    Sold Curve on Sat-$300
    Been using junk flip phone since Sat night-Free
    Waiting for phone to get shipped today to my job while stalking Fed Ex delivery guy the minute he pulls into parking lot...enjoying Storm all day long and not getting anything done at work today-priceless
    11-26-08 07:57 AM
    Update:

Nov 26, 2008 8:02 AM

At local FedEx facility

RONKONKOMA, NY

Waiting to read the next step...on Fed Ex truck out for delivery
    My poor F5 key...it might be worn out from pressing it so many times by the time it gets to that update of being on the truck
    11-26-08 08:02 AM
    I don't know how you guys have made it for the last 6 days around here . Hope you all get the whole day alone to catch up....
    11-26-08 08:06 AM
    Update:

Nov 26, 2008 8:02 AM

At local FedEx facility

RONKONKOMA, NY

Waiting to read the next step...on Fed Ex truck out for delivery
    My poor F5 key...it might be worn out from pressing it so many times by the time it gets to that update of being on the truck
    HAHA Same here! Been hitting refresh on FedEx site since I got to work. Mine is on truck for delivery. Going home and bringing it back to work so IT guys can hook me up to BES before I leave for holidays.
    11-26-08 08:08 AM
    I don't know how you guys have made it for the last 6 days around here . Hope you all get the whole day alone to catch up....
    Ive even gone as far as just calling up Fed Ex and seeing if I can just come to the facility right now and pick it up instead of them putting it on the truck to attempt delivery lol...the woman was like, no sir, they hafta try to deliver it first. Ohh well, at least I know it will be in my hands today
    11-26-08 08:24 AM
    I ordered my phone on the 21st AFTER 2pm and received from FedEx on The 25th at 1030am. I paid for overnight delivery mind you (next time say not to free).
    11-26-08 08:36 AM
    I Got It!!!!!!!!
    11-26-08 08:46 AM
    wooo hoo Good for you, take your time opening it. It just feels so good getting a new BB!
    11-26-08 08:48 AM
    this was obviously supposed to be in reply to the Gentleman who said his Storm is on the way, guess I didn't reply to his thread....oh well
    11-26-08 08:49 AM
    Nov 26, 2008 8:43 AM

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

WASHINGTON, DC

7:38 AM

At local FedEx facility

WASHINGTON, DC

5:58 AM

At dest sort facility

WASHINGTON, DC

3:39 AM

Departed FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN
    11-26-08 08:50 AM
    This is my first blackberry and I am so excited. I am also suppose to get my phone today (by 7pm) It is driving me nuts waiting for it. I've been waiting since I ordered it on Friday.
    11-26-08 10:04 AM
    Hahahahahahaha.........enjoy it when you get it. I am sure it is worth the wait.
    11-26-08 10:05 AM
    This is my first blackberry and I am so excited. I am also suppose to get my phone today (by 7pm) It is driving me nuts waiting for it. I've been waiting since I ordered it on Friday.
    I completely understand the feeling. I had to wait two days with the tracking information in my hand before I saw my phone. I checked up on it every fifteen minutes for 48 hours straight. Except when I was sleeping of course. You will enjoy it
    11-26-08 10:12 AM
    I completely understand the feeling. I had to wait two days with the tracking information in my hand before I saw my phone. I checked up on it every fifteen minutes for 48 hours straight. Except when I was sleeping of course. You will enjoy it
    yea, Ive been waiting since Sunday with my tracking number...ughh, I wish it said that it would be delivered by 3 PM instead of 7 PM lol...I want it already. I will be sure to update everyone when I see Fed Ex pull into the parking lot
    11-26-08 10:26 AM
    Mine is on the truck for delivery too! I have been dying! My brother got his Friday and I have been in pain waiting for mine
    11-26-08 10:30 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD