I have the 5.0 OS installed and all I want is a theme that will display my calander events when I slightly touch the calander icon or all the time. That is all I want. Please help me. I am tired of buying ones that go white on the edge or just don't work good.
    11-03-09 11:30 PM
    um pretty much all will have the white bars....this is covered all over this forum. there is a work around that is also covered in several threads
    11-03-09 11:38 PM
    Could you please just tell me how to get rid of the white edges. I am currently home with the H1N1 and would be very helpful if you could tell me.
    11-03-09 11:47 PM
    Turn phone in landscape -> hit bb button go to options -> put layout to Today, hit back button then save, the back button again, you'll see the white bars go away. Then turn back to landscape if not already in it -> then go back to the bb button then options -> then set layout to 2 rows, hit back button the save. And viola!
    11-03-09 11:50 PM
    Ok so there are many free themes here http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/ and the guide for the fix is here http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/fix-v5-0-0-323-landscape-custom-theme-white-bars-343571/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 11:51 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/fi...e-bars-343571/

11-03-09 11:53 PM
    leecott

That did not work. I assume you meant to say save before the back button as it didn't give me an option. When I clicked on Today it asked me to save. Please help if you can.
    11-03-09 11:56 PM
    1. Change Wallpaper to something other than original wallpaper that came with custom theme.

2. App Screen > BB button

3. Options > Change layout to today > exit > save

4. BB button > Options > Change layout back to 2 row > exit > Save

5. rotate to landscape mode and viola it works.
    11-03-09 11:57 PM
    leecott

That did not work. I assume you meant to say save before the back button as it didn't give me an option. When I clicked on Today it asked me to save. Please help if you can.
    You have to go into it while in landscape -> hit bb menu -> go to options -> go to layout -> put today then save -> then hit back -> you should be in the app menu and you'll see the white bars go away -> then go to bb menu then options again and change to 2rows then save then back out and viola....

OMG thx howarmat -> i forgot to mention you have to have a different wallpaper other than the theme's default wallpaper. My bad.....
    11-03-09 11:58 PM
    1. Change Wallpaper to something other than original wallpaper that came with custom theme.

Thank you for clarification on the wallpaper -> I forgot all about it; it's been a while since I've helped someone on here lol.
    11-03-09 11:59 PM
    howarmat

Hit it on the money. I needed to change the wallpaper first. Thanks. That is why I love CB
    11-04-09 12:00 AM

I find the link to the fix thread and you post the same directions after and get the praise! NO FAIR! :P

11-04-09 12:03 AM
    howarmat

Hit it on the money. I needed to change the wallpaper first. Thanks. That is why I love CB
    Dang I was so close!! I can't believe I forgot that crucial step.
    11-04-09 12:03 AM
    I find the link to the fix thread and you post the same directions after and get the praise! NO FAIR! :P

It's the post count respect hahaha.
    11-04-09 12:04 AM
    tghockey07

Sorry It is the H1N1 kicking in. You did good too. And leecott thanks as well. I am just happy you guys answered rather than spending more time telling where else to look.
    11-04-09 12:06 AM
    tghockey07

Sorry It is the H1N1 kicking in. You did good too. And leecott thanks as well. I am just happy you guys answered rather than spending more time telling where else to look.
    Don't worry I had/have that flu too and it just lingers on and on and on, its been like 2 months now for me!

11-04-09 12:15 AM
    Thanks again. Hope everyone is feeling better!
    11-04-09 12:19 AM
    so what theme is best for speed and such?
    11-04-09 12:48 AM
    Well, if you go to the themes section there are actually a few new one designed especially for 5.0. The only difference is that when you go into landscape mode there is no background and the meters are not customized.(Battery,signal,etc)
    11-04-09 08:00 AM
    You have to go into it while in landscape -> hit bb menu -> go to options -> go to layout -> put today then save -> then hit back -> you should be in the app menu and you'll see the white bars go away -> then go to bb menu then options again and change to 2rows then save then back out and viola....

OMG thx howarmat -> i forgot to mention you have to have a different wallpaper other than the theme's default wallpaper. My bad.....
    You don't need to be in landscape mode.
    11-04-09 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD