I updated two storms, the first time the update went through fine and maintained all my contacts. The next storm it erased everything and said restore failed. Unfortunately I didn't' have a backup (ALWAYS BACKUP), but I noticed it was creating a backup while updating the software. As I tried to get a hold of someone to figure out what to do for the next hour, I search on my computer where this backup file could have been.

The backup file was in the "My documents" folder and was labeled "LoaderBackup-(2009-06-01).ipd"

I did a restore on that file and the phone was back to normal.

I searched the forums for this answer for a while and couldn't find anything. So if this helps out just 1 person I will be happy.
    06-02-09 08:29 AM
    Good info... I updated 3... one thru the desktop software and two over the air.... no issues at all with all three. FYI
    06-02-09 08:48 AM
    you just saved my life. i was freaking out when all my contacts were suddenly gone. i truly appreciate the forums on crackberry.
    06-07-09 04:19 PM
    This is very well documented on these forums and I can't believe you didn't find anything, but that's beside the point. I'm glad you were able to fix your problem, and that you didn't just jump on here demanding help. Nicely done.
    06-07-09 04:27 PM
    Yes....Desktop Manager or the Loader.exe will provide a BackupLoader(2009.xx.xx).ipd file in My Documents. I still backup my device anytime I install an OS.

Good info to know

Michael
    06-07-09 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD