We just left for vacation and arrived in Florida lastnight, but neither of our BB Storms (9530) changed timezones.
    I called Verizon and they said that none of the BBs do and that you have to go into Options, date and time to set it manually. I really find this hard to believe for a$500 phone. My cheap LG did it automatically...is this true?

I did a battery pull and updated the PRL *228 and nothing would work except setting it manually.

Anyone else have this issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 02:49 PM
    Set your time source to Network.
    03-16-09 02:51 PM
    Yep you have to do it manually all the time.

set the phone to use the network instead of the blackbery server. that should fix it. i did this when mine was constantly 3 minutes slow.
    We just left for vacation and arrived in Florida lastnight, but neither of our BB Storms (9530) changed timezones.
    I called Verizon and they said that none of the BBs do and that you have to go into Options, date and time to set it manually. I really find this hard to believe for a$500 phone. My cheap LG did it automatically...is this true?

I did a battery pull and updated the PRL *228 and nothing would work except setting it manually.

Anyone else have this issue?

Go to options>date/Time
    Your date time source setting should be set to network.
    03-16-09 02:52 PM
    03-16-09 02:54 PM
    Ya I flew from Denver to Midway and nothing...almost missed my connecting flight cause I thought it was one hour earlier....hehehe is was funny
    03-16-09 02:57 PM
    Once you get the hang of it, you're fine. I keep mine set to Network and update when I arrive, and pay close attention when setting my appointments (ESPECIALLY when it's a flight, because you have to account for the time change if you want the times to be correct... or set separate appointments for take off and landing). JeffH helped me a ton when I first got my BB.
    Last edited by zazzified; 03-16-09 at 03:01 PM.
    03-16-09 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD