Is there anyone using Road Runner who is able to get their emails on their Storm?

I use Road Runner and Outlook and on Wednesday my emails came through fine and today they came in this morning but not all of them... just some. Now, this evening, none come in.

It's odd to me that it was working and now isn't. I don't know if it matters but I've tried it with Outlook open and Outlook closed and my PC is on.

Help!!
    11-27-08 08:32 PM
    I use RR (OHIO) and haven't really had any problems....today I DID have to power down and back on because I wasn't receiving txts. After I did, I received several txts and several emails but I think that was a Verizon thing, not so much a RR thing
    11-27-08 08:38 PM
    I have no idea if this will work for you but try this, it worked for me
    Go into outlook
    click tools, then accounts. Find your mail account and click properties. Click the advanced tab and then check the box in the delivery tab that says "Leave a copy of message on the server".
    When I did this I started receiving all my emails on my phone and in my outlook at home.
    11-27-08 08:49 PM
    I have no idea if this will work for you but try this, it worked for me
    Go into outlook
    click tools, then accounts. Find your mail account and click properties. Click the advanced tab and then check the box in the delivery tab that says "Leave a copy of message on the server".
    When I did this I started receiving all my emails on my phone and in my outlook at home.
    Oh, I appreciate your help. I just now tried that with one of my accounts and it didn't help. I sent myself a message and it's on my desktop but not in my BB. This is sooo bumming me out!

One of the test emails I had sent a little earlier came through on my BB soon after I made this post... So, it's sporadic... some come through and some don't.

EDIT: YIPEEEE!!!! The email I sent myself after changing to "leave on server" just now came through to my BB!!!
    Last edited by Rosebudster; 11-27-08 at 09:05 PM.
    11-27-08 09:01 PM
    I also noticed that sometimes my BB gets my emails before my home computer does and other times the BB is up to 20 min behind. That may have something to do with verizon, I have no idea. I do know that eventually I end up getting all my emails that I get at home on my BB too.
    11-27-08 09:09 PM
    I also noticed that sometimes my BB gets my emails before my home computer does and other times the BB is up to 20 min behind. That may have something to do with verizon, I have no idea. I do know that eventually I end up getting all my emails that I get at home on my BB too.
    I sent another test and still waiting for it on my BB. Do you know if it matters if my Outlook on my desktop is open or not? With Road Runner's Web access I can only get my emails if my home Outlook is closed.
    Last edited by Rosebudster; 11-27-08 at 09:19 PM.
    11-27-08 09:16 PM
    It doesn't matter if your outlook is on or not. Mine is on all day long, at home and at work. With the tab checked to leave a copy on the server you will be able to check your emails remotely now even if your outlook is on at home.
    11-27-08 09:20 PM
    It doesn't matter if your outlook is on or not. Mine is on all day long, at home and at work. With the tab checked to leave a copy on the server you will be able to check your emails remotely now even if your outlook is on at home.
    I sent two more tests... they both came through!! Yea!! The only oddity is that all these that I sent to myself as tests are coming through to BB with attachments. When I tried to open the attachment to see what it was there was a message saying, "This attachment type cannot be viewed on your device."

It doesn't matter if "it" can be viewed because I didn't send attachments. I wonder why it thinks I did!!
    11-27-08 09:27 PM
    Sorry you got me on that one
    11-28-08 05:53 AM
    Raydee32, thanks again for your help. You saved the day!!

After making the changes you sugggested, I've gotten all emails!!! I was so excited this morning to see email notices in all of my RR accounts on my Storm.
    11-28-08 08:53 AM
    Roadrunner was up and down yesterday for maintenance. I wasn't getting mine on my BBERRY either, so i went to the computer to check. It wasn't able to receive them either, but checking the message from outlook, it said the "server was down for maintenance". They started showing up again in about 2 hours... (as they did on my computer).
    11-28-08 09:17 AM
    Roadrunner was up and down yesterday for maintenance. I wasn't getting mine on my BBERRY either, so i went to the computer to check. It wasn't able to receive them either, but checking the message from outlook, it said the "server was down for maintenance". They started showing up again in about 2 hours... (as they did on my computer).
    Thanks for the info! What was disconcerting is that they were showing up on my computer but not on my BB.

I was getting worried that RR and BB were not compatible!!
    11-28-08 10:17 AM
    it does matter, but since you checked leave on server a copy will get sent to your bb as well. If you don't leave it on the server, outlook (or any e-mail client) will pull it off the server so other devices/e-mail clients wont get it

just make sure you are enabling the program you use for your e-mail on your computer leaves a copy on the server. Just make sure you clear that out every once and a while since they will always be there
    11-28-08 10:56 AM
    it does matter, but since you checked leave on server a copy will get sent to your bb as well. If you don't leave it on the server, outlook (or any e-mail client) will pull it off the server so other devices/e-mail clients wont get it

just make sure you are enabling the program you use for your e-mail on your computer leaves a copy on the server. Just make sure you clear that out every once and a while since they will always be there
    I REALLY appreciate the help you all have given me. This is my first BB. Just so others reading this later will know.... on Road Runner when I was choosing the box that said to leave on the server, there also was the opportunity to choose how many days to leave on the server.

I'm so thrilled that my email is now working!!!!
    11-28-08 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD